Wednesday, July 30, 2008

kidney stone update

Had surgery Saturday to place a stent. The stent allows urine to pass around the kidney stone until I have the baby. Once I have the baby, the stent is removed and the stone, that is stuck and was blocking off passage of urine from the kidney to the bladder (thank heavens for the stent), then the stone is blasted away. Lovely. Bouncing back from surgery has been difficult. Especially since i have a baby inside that LOVES to kick, it feels REALLY good when he kicks my ureter with the stent. Going to the bathroom has been a daunting task, since the urethra is where they went through to do the surgery. At least once an hour I am silently screaming in the bathroom...things will get better. I hope.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who have helped me more than they know. For the encouraging phone calls and insisting on bringing meals when they have to work (melody). For Fay insisting on stealing Ethan for the morning so I could bath by myself and get some real sleep. For Toni's yummy dinner and Beth's goodies that she is constantly dropping off. Especially for my sister who came over at a drop of a hat to watch Ethan while I had tests and surgery. She litterly came over just out of the shower, mascara dripping off her face when she arrived, but was more than willing to come. Also, Steph is a life savor covering my shift at work so I didn't have to climb in bed crying with my patients, or be tempted to take their pain meds for my own good instead of them. Life has been SO much more easier with good friends and family who care. Thank you again!

I also need to thank Brad for just taking over and letting me heal. Also, you are allowed to talk to me now, it doesn't hurt so bad to laugh. After surgery Brad wasn't allowed to talk to me or say anything because for some reason he felt like being "Mr. Funny" and couldn't hold back the jokes or witty comments, and I in turn suffered from it from laughing. So I banned him from talking, I would ignore him mostly, but now we are good. He was very sweet with helping me and keeping Ethan entertained. Thank you Brad!

6 comments:

Melody said...

I hope things keep improving! And that you'll let us know if you need anything- you've always been there to help us in our messes, so it only seems fair that we get to help you once in a while, too. ;)

Juliana said...

Wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I am sooo sorry. I pray that you will feel better. Much Love! I am so glad that you have your friends and family to help out. I only wish I could be there too. I hope you feel better soon.

Crystal said...

This is Crystal Gledhill. I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. That sounds awful. I wish I could come back and help out somehow. Good luck with your recovery and the rest of your pregnancy. I miss you all up there!

tiff snedaker said...

Glad to know you are taking it easy and getting lots of help!

Tara said...

Why didn't you call me? I would have come and stayed with Ethan or taken him with me! Tsk Tsk... I hope you're getting better!

Ty and Kumari said...

hey monica!!!! we finally started a blog too even though we do not have kids!! It sounds like you have been having a rough time. I hope things are getting better for you!!! I cannot believe you are pregnant again! How far a long?