Friday, February 13, 2009

poop goes in the potty...

...not in Gavin's crib while Gavin is sleeping.


Who ME?


this picture, Ethan climbed in the tub fully clothed and also gave Teddy a bath (note: Brad dressed him today, hence the brown pants, blue striped shirt and green t-shirt)

Brad made the executive decision and put Ethan back in pull-ups due to some unfortunate and devious events of Ethan's. I should call them Ethanisms. He is so dang smart for his age it drives me crazy, to the point that I actually sniff the house thinking I smell poop, and I DO! I actually found a little cup full of pooh in Gavin's diaper stacker. The reason...Ethan would poop his undies, take them off, throw the poop in the toilet and then bring the undies to me and say he pooped his pants and needs new undies. Well, we decided after a few of these events that it wasn't okay for him to think this was okay, so we told him its not nice to poop his pants. So, instead of getting in trouble, he started hiding his pooh...and drumroll please, eventually throwing it in Gavin's crib so Gavin would get in trouble for pooping his pants and not Ethan. During this particular event Gavin started crying, I am sure from the rock hard pooh pelleting him in the face. Ethan was soothing Gavin saying "its okay baby Gavin, shhh, don't cry, its okay, shhhhh". I heard the event all through the baby monitor and was wondering why Ethan was so serious telling Gavin to stop crying...maybe because there is poop in his face that, yes, disgusting but true, the kid was trying to latch onto it...shudder. I did run him to the sink and almost drown the kid trying to clean him off. Ethan is now in pull-ups and tells us that he is going poop in his pull-up and will tell you when he is ready to be changed. No more poop around the house, please!

The kid is ONLY 2 yrs old, what the heck? Hiding poop to get out of trouble, trying to get Gavin to take the blame for his pooh...I am in for a real treat!

7 comments:

ashley said...

Oh gross. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

How does he even think it through so well? Look at that kid......he knows that pooping his pants will get him into trouble so he's setting the scene to look like Gavin did it. How hilarious is that! Good thing these kids are so darn cute....it makes the stories so funny. Good luck with the poop. I'm sure we'll have our own issues to "laugh" at.

Shelley said...

2 year olds are way smarter than we give them credit for. Unfortunately, they just keep getting smarter too. Good luck with your current battle. Poop problems are the worst kind to have.

Melody said...

Oh, Ethan! You are too clever. Sometime down the road I imagine you'll put all the cleverness to good use, but in the meantime you should give your mom a break. Poop antics aren't so fun for mommies (although this is some of the best blackmail material EVER for when he starts dating...).

Amber said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh wow, that is awesome. What a good story to to be able to embarrass Ethan with when he's older, bringing home girls for you to meet....and I just now read Melody's comment. Apparently we think the same.

Also, maybe Brad just has problems dressing under stress? Remember what he wore when you had Ethan? Haha!

Tara said...

And I thought Morgan was smart. Ethan definitely takes the cake with that one...Seriously-trying to latch onto it? Poor picked on Gavin. It'll be good when he's bigger than Ethan. It shouldn't be too much longer, should it?

Steph said...

so I am guessing that you would yell at me right now if I told you I was getting ready to potty train Kaden. I have the undies, potty, treats and I have read books and talked to my sister. I was all pumped till now. Maybe I'll wait until the nightmare of poop flying on Paycen goes away. It may not be ever because this story will haunt me.

tiff snedaker said...

LOL - That was the FUNNIEST thing I have read in a long time. I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time, but really? Ethan is too smart for his own good, lol.