Way back when we made New Years Resolutions I made one that was different than "cook more", it was "try new recipes and then add them to the dinner routine". If you know me, I hate recipes that have a million steps and take way to long only to be eaten up in five minutes. My sweet husband bought me a subscription to Martha Stewart's Everyday FOOD. I immediately fell in love with it front to back! They have a dinner menu section called grocery bag, where it plans 5 Monday through Friday dinners for you, makes a grocery list AND has pictures. Yesterday I tried spice-rubbed pork loin with acorn squash on my family, a HUGE success! I was a little nervous and questioned Martha since it called for cumin and chile powder for part of the rub, but after the divine and tender loin I will never question Martha again (or my old roommate Misti who adores Martha, if I would just listened to hear years ago... ;).
Everything I have tried from her magazine we have loved, so if you are questioning your cooking skills or looking for something new, pick one up from the store and try it. I promise you will be subscribing to her monthly, I heart Martha!
p.s. Brad said, "you can make this meal over and over again, it's the best pork loin I have ever had" - SMILE from me:)!
1 comment:
Way to go Martha! Oh I mean Monica!
That is so exciting. I hate trying to figure out ideas for dinner. Blah! I am happy to hear of your success!
Post a Comment