Thursday, July 01, 2010

marshmallow+chocolate+graham crackers



Nothing better than a campfire in your own backyard! I love that once the kids are messy, I can throw them in the bath, or run inside to get a wet cloth, or grab a blanket. I loved smores growing up, and I guess it was from girls camp that I learned how to roast the best marshmallow EVER (the kind that gets only golden brown but hot enough to melt the chocolate once placed on the Graham cracker). Brad insisted that it couldn't be done...

Gavin liked the chocolate, and the marshmallows, and the Graham crackers BUT not together.

Ethan liked flinging a scorching hot roasting stick around like it was a bubble wand. He also liked to watch chocolate and marshmallows burn in the fire pit, he especially thought throwing the entire candy bar in would shoot up a burst of flames (boy was he disappointed and out of candy). He did not like the smoke.

Brad and I both like to roast our marshmallow golden brown and peel the top layer off to eat then keep roasting it and eating each layer until nothing is left.

Good times and sticky fingers over here!

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

I too love a good smore and esp. in the comfort of your own backyard. That is one of our favorite family treats! Bravo-I would love to know any special tricks???