Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm not cutie, I'm ETHAN!




Dear Ethan, my spider monkey. He is growing up WAY too fast. I don’t know if you know any 3 year olds that can navigate their way through a PS3 player to the movie, or the game he wants, and he is actually better at the demo games like sonic and Harry potter than I am.

He is very witty and sharp as a whistle. He believes in 2nd chances and asks for them everyday. Like when I tell him he lost park or playtime privileges, he gives me puppy-dog eyes, “but momma, can’t I have a second chance?”

He can be found going “commando” and will tell you that his pants protect his “peepee.” A few days ago my sister and I were giving Ethan a bath, he stood up grabbed himself and said, “look, can you see the rock in there?” We got a kick out of that one, until Brad came in and told him it was his “ball-sack.” Now he says it ALL the time, like, “look at my ball-sack momma.”

He understands concepts well. We came home from a BBQ at a friends house and Ethan told me he was still hungry and he wanted one of “Kaden’s Dads burger” I replied, “they were yummy, but we don’t have anymore.” He replied, “then don’t tell me they were yummy if you don’t have ANYMORE!”

He loves bedtime stories, and prefers for you to make them up about a topic of his choice, usually teddy, peter pan, or a door with candy behind it are his favorite topics.

Ethan still loves that darn old stinky Teddy, although when asked what Teddy smells like he says, “teddy smells like cookies”… I disagree but WISH he smelled like cookies. When it’s time to leave Teddy behind, Ethan will take a BIG OLD WHIFF of teddy, then put him down and run out… I wonder if he likes to do that because it burns his nostrils as he breathes in because I am sure I would lose a couple brain cells if I took a big whiff of him.

Ethan loves to say things like “if you do that, I’ll poop in your face, ahhhhhh” then laugh his head off… I wish I knew where and why and how and WHAT to do to erase it from his vocabulary.

Ethan loves his curly hair, but refuses to style in 98% of the time, so I threaten to cut it off unless he lets me style it and he replies “I can just wear a hat momma”…how old is he?

He calls me Momma or Monica, which is too funny.

Everything bad he does is MY fault, for example, Ethan was eating a popsicle in the living room and spilled red on the carpet, I came in and took his popsicle away since I told him not to eat it in the living room, he replied, “well, YOU didn’t get me towel to eat on so I spilled it on the ground.”

He can often be found coming out of his room at bedtime, peeking around the corner and asking “momma, you want to snuggle?” or “Daddy, you want to snuggle me just a little bit?”

The other day Ethan and Gavin were being wild monkeys at bedtime, I finally went in to see what the ruckus was about. Ethan had lined cheerios along Gavin’s crib, in which Gavin immediately started shoving them in his mouth thinking I was going to confiscate them, instead I laughed and hunted down the source of cheerios that were sitting on the washer just outside of Ethan’s room, little smarty.

He is such a joy, comes in every morning “mamma, don’t you think it’s time to wake up?” but this is only after he raided the house for any treats or candy that were within his reach. Oh how I love that boy.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Ethan may have gotten the whole "poop in your face" from Kaden. Sorry, I have heard him say it the last month. But don't blame me, just blame sunbeams. I'm sure he picked it up from some other kids' potty mouth.