
I have boys, ages 2 and 4. Don't you think it's a bit un-realistic to ask them NOT to run while in the house? Gavin naturally trots everywhere, it's just him. Ethan seems to think that taking tiny quick steps is the fastest way here to there.
So when our neighbor lady comes up to ask me to stop my kids from running around the house, I was a bit surprised. I told her that it may be near impossible, they are BOYS! She then goes on to ask me to keep them quiet in the morning and night particularly from 6-9am and pm, haha. I told her that I WISH my boys slept in until 9 but lucky for her they go to bed at 730pm. She seemed surprised, I wonder what noise really bothers her then, since I'm the only one awake after 730 until 10 when Brad gets home. Trust me, I'm too wiped out to even think about having a dance party all by myself!
It was 9am when she came a-knocking, I gave Ethan a little chat about NOT running in the house because the neighbors get bothered by the running noise. For the last 30 minutes I've been telling the kids to walk quietly. That seems to mean, stomp really loud/ run really hard and fast and loud while screaming... good luck neighbor lady, I tried!
4 comments:
ahh apartment joys. r kids love to stomp. they stomp every where. oh well. good luck .
Wow. your calm. I think it would just make me mad. You should ask her if she'd like to talk to them? It's not like you have time to yell at them ALL day just so they don't walk to loud. Geez. their kids. Ask her if she'd like to trade apartments! LOL
Just tell her to get used to it! Seriously, neighbor lady must have never had boys! It might be kinda funny to try killing her with insincere kindness. Just smile and tell her you'll have talk with them and that you're 100% sure that it will never happen again. (Evil Smile)
Goodness! either this lady lives in la la land or she has major misconceptions on children esp. BOYS! No matter how long or how loud you tell them, the attention span/memory is only so BIG. Sorry about the wishful thinking. Hopefully the lady gets a reality check and enjoys the dance parties!
Post a Comment