You know it's October 11th. We arrived here late July. I thought the world was ending, and dreaded the next 3 years even though a part of me was a little excited to do something new. Well, I think the next three years are going to fly by. October 11, seriously? I had no idea, that time would fly so fast. I guess time flies when you work your butt off.
The boys are back to their rascal selves. I figure when you are NOT watching them, they are rascals. When watching them they can be managed, coaxed or threatened. So, if I want a perfect life, I cannot let my kids OUT of my sight.
For example, I put 2 plates of dinner on the table for the kids. They are eating and enjoying dinner, I go to get changed. I hear them laughing and come to find the ENTIRE kitchen floor covered with their dinner...
Tonight Ethan and Gavin were resisting bedtime, while wrangling Gavin, Ethan turns on his dance music and both the boys drop everything they are doing and BUST a move. I died in tears and laughter. Gavin was running away from me, as soon as he heard the music he dropped his blanket, stopped and did a body shake while waving to the music. Ethan was holding on to the wall shaking his legs like he had a spider in his pants. So I danced up to Gavin, and we danced our way to his bed. Ethan was a little tougher, I actually had to pull out some sweet dance moves to get closer to him. We also danced to his bed where he requested a REALLLY LOOOONNNGGG STORY with his hands as wide as they get, before bedtime. I told him a really long story about chicken little per request by my oldest curly headed boy. I fell asleep with him and woke up to Brad passed out in bed, all lights on and the house a disaster. Life is good, and wouldn't have it any other way.
1 comment:
BIG SIGH! you are wonder woman/super mom. you got to love those moments when you decide to forget about gettting frustrated (even though it is a right moment) and you choose to let loose and laugh about it. I need to do that more often! thanks for your example!
Post a Comment