
Ethan woke up today with a fever of 102.6+, I took the thermometer out immediately when it hit that number and was still counting and gave him Tylenol and Motrin. He was wheezing, burning up and barking like a seal... so that means croup! Croup = one miserable boy and worried, worried parents. Brad finally took him to community care and they gave Ethan a steroid shot (yes, he hated it), some antibiotics, a cool band-aid and lolly pop. He refused to take a nap all day, and finally passed out in Brads arms around 630. "They say" to use a humidifier, Vick's, hydrate and keep a close eye on your child since croup is a respiratory problem and can cause airway closure. Brad decided to sleep in Ethan's room tending Ethan since he has been very restlessly sleeping and whining just wanting to be held. Turns out that croup is VERY contagious and the Doc. told Brad to always wash his hands and separate Ethan from Gavin as much as possible. Which means that Brad is in charge of Ethan, I am in charge of anything Brad needs for Ethan or himself and of course caring for cute little Gavin. I am praying that no one else gets sick. Poor Ethan he looks awful, sounds worse than awful and is scorching to the touch. My poor little Ethan, it is so hard to just let Brad take care of him and watch on the sidelines, but I really don't want Gavin to get sick too, oh such a sad day.
6 comments:
That is no fun...good luck getting everyone healthy again!
I am so sorry!!! That really stinks, but what are you going to do when Brad has to go to work!?! Good Luck!!!
When Wyatt was all crouped out, I bought some of that vaporizing baby bath stuff, and it really, really helped. I gave him a warm bath in that every night for a few nights, and that plus some steriod and cough syrup c/codeine fixed him right up!
Poor Ethan! I hope he gets feeling better and that Gavin doesn't catch it!
I hope Ethan gets better soon. I guess that means no playing out in the snow...yet.
Monica I am so sorry! croupe is the worst. My neighbors kids had it a couple months ago and I was not an easy thing. I hope that it passes quickly and that Gavin stays healthy!
Post a Comment