Thursday, September 18, 2008

annoyed

So we killed our grass this summer. Yes it is the only yard in our neighborhood that is yellow. Its pretty sweet, I mean, it is so much easier to give someone directions to my house. Um...the one with the yellow grass, you can't miss it. I have actually been quite embarrassed and tried to make up excuses, but in the end my husband just doesn't care and doesn't have time to water it due to being sprinklerless or want to pay for it to be watered. We have plans to sod it next year and add a fence and sprinklers, does that count for now?

Well, I get this pounding knock on the door at 0755AM. I was thinking something was wrong, who knocks on your door that early? So I jump out of bed and find a police officer standing there. She is prissy and pretty in her blues. I on the other hand look the opposite. She stares at me for a second and then when I asked her if everything is okay, she responded, "yeah, i was just wondering if the reason why your grass is yellow is because one of the city pipes broke and therefore you can't water your yard." A silent groan from me and I respond, nope no broken pipes. She stares, obviously waiting for a response. I look at her, she looks at me, and then she starts to ramble about how Rexburg is a community where it had an ordinance that requires you to water your yard. I just gawked at her, is she serious, then she "served" me a paper printout of ordinance #704. I just smiled and said, Thank you I will tell my husband, and then shut the door on her...oh, after I said what happens if we don't water our yard...her rumblings = shut the door with a fake smile.

So I get to thinking...I wonder if someone called the police to complain about our yard? Was it our neighbors? RUDE! Just come and talk to us, then you will understand. Actually, talk to Brad, he is better about making your feel stupid for asking us why our grass is dead. So, I called Brad, he of course just got all legaltisitcal (is that a word?) about it and said they would have to take us to court, blah blah blah, and it says NO WHERE in the ordinance about having green grass or even watering it!

Yes, I am still embarrassed about it, and now I will glare at anyone looking at me on my yellow grass. It is my grass and will do what I want with it. Peace out, take that, with a hand in your face!

P.S. Does it make sense to water it if it is going to snow in one month? Not according to Brad. Me...I don't see the harm, hee hee.

5 comments:

amanda said...

what the crap!! that is dumb.

Cynthia said...

I heard the knocking this morning!! I had no idea about an ordinance, I can't believe she actually knocked on your door that early. By the way, I didn't call the police :). Hope your day gets better!

Tara said...

Can you kick the police off of your property? Cause that's what I would have done at that time of the day. What a rude cow! How dare she first of all wake you up, then insult you about yellow grass? You should have told her that you had been really sick and then started crying-at least make her feel a little bit guilty!

Melody said...

I've decided chick cops are more snotty. That's way annoying! I wonder if it was one of your neighbors (seriously- it's halfway through Sept. what an odd time to suddenly care) or if it was that cop herself just being high and mighty...
You can just say it's a dry yard, you know, like a dry farm. We're just waiting for the rain! ;)

Amber said...

hahaha! Apparently crime-fighting in Rexburg is a little slow at the moment. Hope they don't come by my house, we don't have grass on half of our yard...although that will change in the morning.