Thursday, September 11, 2008

Prego update...

YES...I am still pregnant! Here are a few shots of me prego in my 8th month, my mother took them to document how big I am, I haven't taken many pictures of me pregnant this time around, and these pictures obviously don't do any justice. I actually only have about 4 weeks left, hallelujah! Can you see the stent in these pictures, its on my right side, oh wait, the baby must be lying on it/ kicking it/ punching it or the placenta is in the way, either way it IS STILL THERE and I haven't been able to forget about it! Fortunately, I have been able to sleep lying down if I am drugged and have taken a unisom, I just throw my watermelon from side to side all night and pretend I love sleeping! I haven't been able to eat a ton, my eyes are always bigger than the room in my tummy. Little man kicks and rolls and punches all the time, a nice reminder that he's loving it in there, at least someone is. Okay, I shouldn't be so critical, life is not that bad. I have my wonderful mother here, I have a light at the end of the tunnel, I have even packed my hospital bag so I will have it this time if I go early! The stent pain is only really unbearable at nights and I have good and bad days. (Besides, I read New Moon and I have nothing compared to what Bella went through, come on! I wonder if Stephenie Meyer had horrible pregnancies to do that to Bella? Because I can totally relate!) Ethan has been so funny and loving lately, he has made me really excited for this little guy to come. As of names, we don't have any. Brad is set on one and I have a million. I don't know, we'll have to see when he comes out. I wonder what he'll look like! I have washed the little guys clothes, which made me sad since Ethan wore them, its crazy that I am on #2. I honestly wonder what I am thinking sometimes adding another child to this family! I hope I have enough love to go around, otherwise Brad is out of luck! Just kidding. I have good friends and family who have comforted me and entertained me with phone calls and visits, thank you!

Pregnant in the 36th week, be prepared for the human watermelon!

YES, there is a watermelon growing out of my belly...Is this painful? Yes it is, you can't see the taught skin and bruising around the belly, the little red dots ready to burst and spread around the belly?! Even Brad says I look like I am going to pop. Yeah, I FEEL like that. Although, it has been a nice shelf to read on while taking baths!
My mother posing for the camera, she came to help out for a while while, I LOVE HER HERE! She has been very fun and helpful for Ethan, taking him for walks and changing his poops, cleaning up his messes, feeding him, I don't know how I would have done it without her!

9 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Look at how beautiful you are pregnant! It makes me sad that I haven't been there to see you grow. You have quite the belly, but look at how pretty and unstretched it is. You must have good genes!! Good luck - I'm so excited to meet your little guy!

Melody said...

You really do look good! Cute pictures. Let me know if you feel up to playing sometime. :)

Hewards said...

Do you realize how amazing your body is! You are stretched to MAX and still no strechmarks! My sister in law looked the exact same way, it looked like she put a basketball under her shirt and was playing a joke on us all.

Shelley said...

Holy cow Monica! If you don't go early you might just pop! ;) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the delivery! I'm glad your momma is there to help!

Beth Gierhart said...

Hey, has your mom come back? I'm so glad you have some good help and company! Are you using the animal heads (jungle theme) again in the nursery?

Amber said...

NO stretch marks, even with #2?!? Jerk!

J/K. I'm happy for you that you are almost there! So are you going to wait it out or get induced a little early? Good luck either way!!

Shawn said...

It makes me hurt just looking at your pictures! I'll pray that you have this baby early. It will be so much fun for you to watch Ethan be a big brother, so don't worry about bringing another kid into the family.

amanda said...

wow, you weren't kidding about the watermelon. you look great. everyone looks better prego then me! even though it doesn't seem like it. good luck with the last month.

Tara said...

How cute! And not a stretch mark to show for it. I'm impressed, Monica. Not much longer now-aren't you so excited? Good luck with the delivery this time. Make sure they drain your bladder.