Thursday, September 18, 2008

pregnancy ramble



37 weeks and 4 days. I had Ethan at this time. I am still going strong, and surprisingly I have some energy...I have a huge list of things to do around the house before I can have this baby. I recently looked over the list and laughed to myself because I wrote the list at about 3AM a few days ago. One of the items on the bottom included paint my toes, as if I can see my toes? Maybe they bothered me while I was elevating them while chillin' on the couch trying to sleep, who knows? I will let you know if I ever get around to painting them. Other than that I have a lot of organizing and cleaning. I asked Melody (a great friend) one time why it is that we all of the sudden want to get things done before the baby, aka nesting. Her response, because we know we'll never get it done otherwise, or like in a year or so. I told Brad one thing on my list was to organize my bedroom closet, his response, "well you can just forget about that one, it's not worth it". What does that mean to you? It's not important right now...so according to Melody and Brad I either do it now or it won't get done until next year or never. Why organizing my closet? and What the heck does it have to do with a baby, I have no idea. Just like painting the toes, it will make somewhere and something inside me feel better.


Things you shouldn't say to a prego...


  1. You don't even look pregnant from the back! (as if you are supposed to look pregnant from the back? What does that say about my front...?!)

  2. You must be due any day now! (nope, about three more weeks...their reaction to that is VERY funny)

  3. You shouldn't do this anymore. (Your telling me!)

  4. You must be having a boy, you're sitting really low. (what does that mean, I am standing there looking at the stranger who is telling me that I am sitting really low...)

  5. It's okay, she's pregnant! (DUH)

  6. So, your pregnant (yup), are you hurting (um...yup), are you hurting around the abdomen (um...yup yup), is this anything new since the car accident (finally a decent question asked by a very young paramedic, nope).

  7. I loved being pregnant, don't you? (um... your weird)

  8. Just imagine...you could be having twins. (two for the price of one...I'll take it)

  9. You look great besides your swollen feet, and hands, and face and of course your belly (maybe you should have just said what parts looked great, like my arms and a**)

  10. You actually have a butt now. (so what your really saying is that I am fat?)

  11. Exercise will make you feel better. (what exactly are you implying besides the fact that you are crazy and have either got to be male or never had children)

  12. After you have the baby, we should work out together. (thanks)


Now that I have hit the safety zone, I am really excited. I was sitting on the couch with Brad telling him that we could be sitting here any day now with a brand new baby. He of course said, "well you don't have to cry about it"...prego hormones, that will do it to ya! He has been really cute and supportive this whole time trying to make my life easier despite the fact that he is REALLY stressed out lately. He got semi-promoted at work, which means learning a whole plethora of stuff while teaching someone else his job and trying to do his job at the same time. Whenever I call him at work he answers "are you in labor?" I think he's excited too!


Ethan has no idea what is going to hit him. I am a little worried because today he harassed Roxy, even to the point where Roxy is biting his hand and Ethan is screaming and laughing at the same time and still trying to pull Roxy's tongue out of her mouth. I just let the two of them work it out. Ethan was dragging her everywhere, telling her to go to sleep all over the house, covering/smothering her with pillows and blankets, sitting in her bed with her, poking her eyes out while narrating what he is doing. This sounds really good from the other room "poke Roxy eye, eye, eye, eyeeeeeee" I am imagining Ethan jabbing his finger in her eye while she is squirming to get away, upon entering the room to save Roxy I find Ethan holding her eye lid open and his eyes really big showing her his eye and then poking hers... my dear baby, maybe you should stay cooking for a couple more weeks until I teach Ethan what NOT to do EVER.

5 comments:

Melissa Durtschi said...

Exercise will make you feel better!?! (I've never heard that one) No...epidural, delivery, and lithotripsy will make you feel better. You're an incredible 'super trooper'!!!

Misti said...

Monica you are too cute! Everything you posted... so true!

Melody said...

This cracks me up, because I caught myself nesting just yesterday! All of a sudden it was totally urgent for me to trim the dog's nails and give him a bath- totally uncontrollable urge. Good news- my dog is clean, and as a hidden bonus, now so's the bathroom!

Tara said...

So cute and yet, so true! It's crazy to think that you could have this baby any day now. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys, and good luck with the whole Ethan poking out the baby's eyes-Ha Ha. Good luck!

Shawn said...

All those things are so true! I have another for you. My feet were so swollen all I could wear was flip flops, in Relief Society someone felt the need to remind me we shouldn't wear flip flops to church! By the way you look amazing, way better than I did pregnant.