The closet before on right side, in the beginning before we did anything to our house!
Brad patching up the wall that he ripped out, of course Ethan helping.
Choosing paint colors and covering the wood floor he just put down.
All patched up.
Finished product~ it totally opens up the entryway. I love it. Feel free to come over any time!Well, my husband is a very busy man and despite being busy with working 7-5pm and taking care of the cafe and scouts and the house and his sick wife and his child he still manages to find time to demolish and reconstruct our house. I was complaining that our front room is dark and enclosed, so he knocked down the front closet! He also re-wired the electric work, drywalled the gaping hole, plastered and painted the thing and our entire front room, and not to mention put hard wood floors down. All in one weekend and ALL by himself, well Ethan helped/bothered Brad with a few things, few... and the house is still standing!
He never ceases to amaze me about how talented he is, this is the first time he has ever knocked down a closet/wall, but just because he hasn't ever done it doesn't mean he can't...or so he informs me. Next on his list of tasks, installing a sprinkler system (which I hope he'll find help from Steph's husband instead of saying "its easy, I'm sure there are directions online!!!!!") and placing a privacy fence on the side of our yard. All I know is he is very handy to have around and I always seem to get things do
4 comments:
great job brad. can't wait to see it.
That totally sounds like Brad. I LOVE the room. You look great! I am sorry your having such a rough time. I swear I never appreciated my mom enough for all she did and still does for me. Love ya!
Isn't it soooo nice to have such handy husbands? I was so afraid when Kevin said he wanted to finish the basement by himself, but he did such a good job!
That's amazing that Brad got all of that done in a weekend! It took Kevin 9 months to finish the downstairs! (Seriously, his brother was painting downstairs while I was in the hospital having Logan!)
That looks so awesome! I can't wait to come up and see it. As soon as that baby is born, I better get a phone call so I can come see all four of you!
Post a Comment