Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ethan's latest

Well, Ethan has accomplished quite a few things lately.

  1. Has learned the use of "my turn" and when he doesn't know what or how to communicate what he wants from us he'll get really frustrated and start yelling "my turn".
  2. Loves to dance a lot lately, and will freely tell you to dance and then if he doesn't like the way you dance with him he'll say, no more for you. Lately he likes Brad and my mother dancing with him, but me, no way-he immediately says "no, no no" when I try to dance...hmm. By the way, he gets his dance steps from the backyardigains.
  3. Has learned to pick his nose and EAT it! AND he just stares at you intently while he picks then sucks it off his finger...eww! (yes, i am trying to nip that in the booty right away!)
  4. Speaking of noses, he has had a cold lately with a severe runny nose, he has used my shirt, Brad's shirt, my pants, Brad's pants, any ones shirt or pants, the couch, the curtains, his teddy, a sock, even Roxy's stuffed animals as a tissue...he does it so quick you can't catch him before he leaves a slug trail for everyone to see! We are teaching him about tissues!
  5. Finally the drum roll... Ethan peed in the big boy toilet today! He had to take off all of his clothes to do it, but he sat on his potty and peed in it then brought it to me to show me! I am so proud and so was he!

I love Ethan, he brings so much laughter and joy in my life! I can't believe he is going to be 2 in a few weeks!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wahoo Ethan! Way to pee in the big boy potty! That's gotta be exciting.

And eating his nose as he stares at you, love that.

Melody said...

Ha ha, Ethan! That's so cute about "my turn." And congratualtions on the big boy potty, that would be great if you didn't have to have 2 in diapers for very long.

Hilarie* said...

Awesome job!!! Sounds like you have been busy with him and his adventures!!! How are you? I have an interesting rumor to tell you...about me! :)

Tyson and Emily said...

For your sake, I hope this baby does come a little early! Of course you could name your baby Wade if you want. It's a pretty cute one I think, and it would be fun to get the two Wade babies together. I'm impressed that your belly has NO stretch marks...by the time I finished with #2, it looked like I'd been attacked by a mountain lion or something.

Fay Call said...

I wonder what Ethan will say when the baby's here? "My turn! My turn! My turn!" Good luck with that Monica. Hang in there, I'm still here if you need me.

amanda said...

congrats on the potty. good luck with all things.