Thursday, January 08, 2009

Belated Christmas

This year I had to work Christmas Eve so we drove to Washington on Christmas day. It was pretty crazy and a last minute decision because Brad was looking at the weather online all day and night and finally saw a break in the weather through the passes and told me we needed to leave within the next 30minutes! A mad scramble putting odds and ends together and everyone thrown in the car and Roxy left behind for Amanda and her daughter to tend. It took us 2X as long to get to Seattle but at least we got there safe. My family put Christmas off until we got there. We celebrated Christmas after we blessed Gavin on Sunday. It was a blast. Santa got all the boys matching pjs, as well as the girls, and over stuffed everyone's stocking. A few traditions that my family likes to do is go to Seattle and ride in the horse drawn carriages and look at the lights, this year we were able to do that and even ride the merry go round in downtown Seattle. We all had a great time, and Ethan hated getting off the ride calling it his horsey. Another tradition is going to late showings at the movie theatre. We ended up going to 3 movies, 7bls, Valkyrie, Benjamin Button, the comment after every single one was "well, that was uplifting" as we all drag our feet out the theatre. We had a great time staying up late chllin with the family. It was great to have all the kids and their spouses together. We ended the year at my brother in laws house with his family and ours. Ethan hated the fire works and covered his ears the entire time until we MADE him hold a sparkler, which he put right in my face...I could feel the burn of the sparks but he thought that was fun so I let him, ahhh! He made it until 130AM and passed out as soon as we packed him in his car seat. We also celebrated my sisters birthday at a snazzy restaurant that cost WAY too much, thanks to dad he paid for it! It was the BEST food I have ever tasted. The restaurant was called Wild Ginger, we had duck and I actually liked it! Brad and I ended up driving home a week later and had no problems getting home. Jordan and Carly on the Carosel




little bro Ryan loving it more than Ethan



Nats Birthday at Wild Ginger

Family Shot


Grandpa and Gavin after his blessing on our "Christmas"

Jordan (my bro) and Carly with Gavin


Natalie (my sis) enjoying her stocking


Brad loving the meat stick/ pole that Santa brought in the guys stockings...you can imagine the jokes from this gift in which I couldn't bring myself to post the pictures of...



My mother had a guys gift that she made all of them open at the same time, they took turns passing the unwrapped box around to open it. It was pretty funny. Ties were inside and they all got to chose 2.


Ethan enjoying his stocking, he wasn't sure what to think, and ended up having candy from his stocking every morning for breakfast.

What Santa left for us

This was our Christmas tree since my parents house was under construction and this was the only gathering room, so no room for a tree.


This is Gavin peeing on Grandma... again.


Ryan and Gavin 2 seconds before he handed him off to my mother and then he peed.

9 comments:

Fay Call said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice Christmas and that you made it safe to and from WA, I was worried about you! It serves your Mom right, doesn't she know not to hold a naked baby boy, she was asking for it! Oh, the rolls turned out great, everyone loved them, and Chase ate them for a week straight! We need to get together soon!

Hilarie* said...

Wow looks like a lot of fun with the family. The peeing accidents.. are great!! Totally funny!

Shelley said...

I'm so jealous you got to go visit Seattle! If gas prices cooperate, I think we are going to try and make a trip up there this summer. I haven't been "home" for 7 years now! I'm glad you had a good Christmas!

Shawn said...

That is amazing you got to Seattle with no problem. My old work used to have there Christmas parties at Wild Ginger, I thought for sure I wouldn't like anything, but it is sooo good, the duck was my 2nd favorite, my most favorite was there coconut gelato. Gotta love baby boys and their need to pee everywhere.

Melody said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! You have such darling boys, I love the pictures!

Hewards said...

Fun Christmas! How do you get those moments on the camera. You've gotta have Gavin lay off the liquids.

Tara said...

Can't believe how big the boys are getting! I wondered if you guys would try to drive to WA. Glad you were able to get there and back okay! Miss you! Hopefully you guys can come visit soon!

Melissa Durtschi said...

That picture of Gavin sleeping on your dad's shoulder is truly priceless. Have you ever stopped to wonder what life would be like without family!?!
I'm glad you had such a good time and that you were safe!!!

Misti said...

How fun! I LOVE that Christmas tree it is almost as good as our tree with three tops, remember that???