Gavin 4 mo
Ethan 2 yrsI can't believe Gavin turned 4 months today. Have I soaked it all in enough? Nope. Time has really flown and left me in the dust. I love my boys and would take a handful of boys in the future because they are so much fun.


Ethan lately has been very intuitive and creative asking "whats that" all the time and then repeating what you say. And also very whiny with "fake crying" . When I tell him not to do something he sticks his lip out to pout and brings on the alligator tears, all I have to say is "stop crying, use your words because I cannot understand you" and he stops. Talk about a show! He also knows it is death if he cries at night when he is in his room and Gavin is sleeping. He ran out of bed the other day to the door and yelled "MAMA DON'T WANT TO SLEEP", all I had to do was open the door and give him a look and he ran right into bed and covered himself with a blanket and said "I sleep, be good boy" and then told me to close the door. I guess he just wanted the last word, huh? Today he found my makeup and put mascara on his nose and his legs and hands (he remembered me doing this on his nose for Halloween!) and threw a royal fit when I washed it off, so he put it on again and said he was a "roxy nose", I guess he was trying to be a dog? He still has it on and often runs to the mirror to laugh at himself and crinkle up his nose. One thing I find humorous is how Ethan gets his own breakfast in the morning, sometimes after a long night with Gavin Ethan will wake up at 650AM ready to go, so I throw him in bed with me and turn on cartoons while I try to sleep some more. He will run to the kitchen and pull out whatever he can out of the pantry and bring it back into the room to eat. Today it was the entire loaf of bread, and Frito chips. I woke up to a loaf of bread next to me and my son watching Mickey Mouse eating chips...nice healthy breakfast! You would think I get sleep, but Ethan bothers me saying "Mama I need a drink", so I get him water and dose off again to hear him yell for juice (which is weird bc we don't usually drink juice). Then he yells over and over he wants pancakes, blue pancakes...what the heck? Then I notice on TV the backyardigains are eating blueberry pancakes (why can't they eat carrots or broccoli)! So there is a lot to love about my Ethan!
5 comments:
I am so glad that I'm not the only one to do this! I bring Morgan in, turn on a taped Mickey Mouse movie (two hours long) and hand her a juice cup. But, I only do this after I've worked so I can get a couple more hours of sleep. Hearing that you do this makes me feel A LOT less guilty!
With all of us together we could write a book about what to expect from your 2-yr-old. It would sell because we would put RN by our names and people will think that we are professionals. hehe!! Good to know that I am not the only one who has a 2-yr-old that has a fake cry, and pouts about everything.
A Roxy nose!?! That is priceless. 4 months already....Really - where does the time go!?!
It was good to see your family and catch up on what you doing. Where does the time go? Gald to see that things are going well for you.
those pictures are so stinken cute. just wait til the open the frig and throw stuff out. good times as a mom. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment