Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The New Year


This picture of Ethan is how I have been feeling about it. I would love to know why, I just don't. Maybe it is because I should start fresh on a lot of things in my life and I am just not ready to commit, I just plain don't want too because it is going to be hard. I am afraid. I am nervous. I am worried. I would rather take the easy route and not do it at all. Worst of all I know that is the lazy way of thinking and I am THINKING it, I am actually considering taking the easy route. That is frustrating, what is wrong with me?!! Hello, Monica, get your butt in gear and get them done. Easy to say, much easier to write and very easy to delete, but not easy to do. SIGH. I admire those people who can just DO without thinking or second guessing, without self doubt or frustration, without fear. I wish I could be Ethan and run full force off the couch knowing that someone will catch me when I jump, and do it all the while with a smile and eyes wide open.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Whoa! Monica doesn't sound too happy. What's going on? Call me!

Juliana said...

Go for it! Jump!

Melissa Durtschi said...

I'm totally with you. At the first of December, my thoughts were "I'm going to do this and this and this...." Now that its January I've talked my self out of committing to anything for fear that I'll just fail anyway... Am I close!?!

Melody said...

I always get a little down at the beginning of the new year. Instead of having the "fresh start" attitude, I have more of a "crap, another year? I just finished the last one!" attitude. Just remember, the early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets eaten. The moral is to stay in bed when you can. :)

Fay Call said...

Just remember, that no one has it easy. Everyone is nervous about doing things, and every one of us doesn't want to do it. You're not any different, just normal. All you have to do it just do it, don't think, just do. It's easier than you think.