Saturday, January 10, 2009

blue eyed boy




Does this face look familiar? Ethan always had the mouth open wide eyed expression in his pictures! I hope Gavin doesn't keep that characteristic!


Sweet Gavin, he is such a joy! He makes you feel so good, he laughs and laughs at anything! I can get him giggling so hard that he gets the hiccups. I was thinking lately that I am so happy that we had little Gavin safe and sound with no problems, especially with all my complications during pregnancy. I am so thankful. I thought he would be a angry child at first because he came out scowling and had a permanent furrowed eyebrow, but now he has lost that expression and loves to give you a cheek to cheek grin. He has grown out of most of Ethan's winter clothes, which is frustrating since he is born a week earlier than Ethan, so he was supposed to fit in his clothes. I have bought some warmer one pieces to keep the kid warm until he can wear summer clothes, by then I am afraid that he'll be grown out of those and fit into Ethan's winter clothes! Ah, so much for saving money on clothes!


Gavin goes to sleep around 830 and will wake up between 630-700 to eat and go back down again, such a great sleeper...now getting him to bed has been a challenge, but we are getting there.

Has found his thumb

Loves to watch people and listen to music or brad sing and play the guitar (both are very annoying when I am trying to feed him...)

Prefers his belly over his back

While awake he loves to watch and pull at objects hanging over him

Rolls side to side

Wants you to stand while holding him, or loves to be rocked over your shoulder while patting his back (he coos and talks while you do this)

Burys his head in your shoulder when he is tired and wants to sleep while whining...great cue to put him down and he goes down without a fight.

Will take a bottle

Loves his baths and the water

Grabs your hair while holding him over your shoulder, he searches for it to hang on, quite painful sometimes when he only gets a few pieces.

Wears size 2 diapers

Does not care for a pacifier

Is vocal with his feelings and thoughts, these times i wish he could talk and tell me what he wants...we may do baby sign with him at an early age, at least for Brads benefit!

Holds his head up well and pushes himself up past his belly to look around.

So cute, co cuddly, so soft and fun!

Is 4 months!

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Is he really 4 months already? Wow! He's such a sweetie and I still can't get over how much he and Ethan look alike!

Tara said...

Are you sure you aren't posting pictures of Ethan and changing the eye color? He is practically identical to him! And he's already four months old? Time flies when you're having fun, right?

Melody said...

What gorgeous baby blues he has! You have two darling little future heartbreakers. Cute, cute pictures. I'm glad he's communicating his needs so well, Jana still likes to just holler at the top of her lungs until you can decipher what she wants. But we like her.
We need to play soon!