Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"Bymyself" stage


Ethan trying to give a thumbs up...trying.

Ethan has been going through a "all by myself" stage. He wants to do everything on his own, including bathing, getting a drink of water, pottying, brushing his teeth, cutting food, EVERYTHING. Well, on this particular day I was bathing Ethan and Gavin together. I had taken Gaven out of the tub and was occupied by dressing him and such while Ethan rambled that he wanted out and needed a towel, I told him in a minute and he did as follows.
  1. Got his own towel out of the linen closet (never done that before)
  2. Came to me with a spare towel and informed me he did it himself
  3. Mentioned that he is all clean and needed to get dressed all by himself
  4. I dressing Gavin murmured that yes, indeed he needed to get dressed
  5. Ethan said, "look at me mama"
  6. I looked and Ethan had put his own shirt on, his own undies on and his own shorts on, ALL BY HIMSELF.
  7. I was shocked, and said, "great job Ethan, you did it, I'm so proud of you"
  8. Ethan looked at me and said, "Oh, I forgot to brush my hair" and ran out of the room and brushed it.
  9. I had to take a few shots of his first attempt to dress himself without me forcing him. Yes his pants are upsidedown and his hair is a nice geeky slicked look, but pretty good for a first time!

2 comments:

Melody said...

That's a good look, the upside down pants. I'll have to try it. What a little character, I can't believe how grown-up he's getting to be!

Steph said...

Kaden is in the same stage. His famous lines are "No mama, Kaden do it" and his newest thing he has to do is spank his own bum