



We ventured out a few days ago to the park on our only sunny day since we got back from Vegas. I wanted to get some cute pictures at the park but it was so bright that the boys eyes would water and squint at me. Poor Gavin didn't know what to think and would look up and down, grab his eyes and do it over and over again. I did find a shady spot to grab a few shots of my growing boys.
ETHAN:
Everyday is something new with Ethan. He is a very witty and bright little guy. At the park he was yelling at the ducks to "say ahhhhh" before he would throw them some bread. He is absorbing information like a sponge and yesterday Brad and Ethan were disagreeing on something and Ethan said, "When you say YES and I say NO". Then continued this yes, no, yes, no the rest of the trip while shopping. He asked where Roxy was, we told him once that she is staying with her friend so she can get pregnant. A few hours later he looks at me and says, "We go get Roxy, Roxy get pregnant and have babies?" I couldn't believe that he would remember that! He also had his first wasp sting yesterday on his foot. He still walks on his tip toe with that foot but refuses to admit that it hurts, "does your foot hurt Ethan?" "No, its okay"...only because he doesn't want us to put more medicine on it. He also loves to sing and make up songs, he'll finish whatever he was singing and say, "I like that song". We love his little personality!
GAVIN:
Gavin is becoming very independent, wanting to be held less and placed on the floor where he can roam. He is very quick at rolling, army crawling and pushing himself places. I vacuum a lot more even if the carpets look clean, since he has already had a few choking incidents. If there is something on the ground, Gavin will find it and try to eat it! It also doesn't help now that Ethan has found pleasure in feeding Gavin, or teasing him with is food. I find myself saying, "Ethan, Gavin doesn't have teeth so he can't eat (popcorn, skittles, animal crackers, fruit snacks,whoppers...to name a few) so please don't feed him! Thanks to Ethan I have found that he does like bread with mustard and mayo, lunch meat, green beans, noodles, pancakes and more! I don't think Ethan was exposed to any of this until at least 1 year old! It's funny what I cared about the first time around, and this time I am just pretty much trying to keep him breathing! We found out over Vegas Gavin has an allergy to eggs. Hives and swelling of the face to be exact. We love him very much and I am grateful for his smile and giggles of excitement every time I go to pick him up after he wakes up...it makes life so much easier.
2 comments:
Such cute boys!
And good luck with the egg allergy...does it bother him if eggs are in something like cakes and ranch like it does Logan? I would invest in dissovable Benadryl strips if I were you, they are priceless.
I think Jana isn't all that interested in getting around (like boys are), I can't even get her to sit up by herself yet! Gavin looks so big, I can't believe how fast the last 8 months have gone. Ethan is such a handsome little dude- when did they stop being babies and suddenly become little boys? And I love your blog makeover, she did a great job!
Post a Comment