Friday, May 08, 2009

Help a mother who lost her child

I came across this post and thought it was really special. This woman lost her baby shortly after she was born and wants to remember her birthday by making a scrapbook of pictures of her name written in sand across the world. So if you live near water or sand or beach read the post below.

"Calypso’s 2nd birthday in Heaven is fast approaching on June 14, 2009. For her birthday as something special I want to put together a scrapbook of her name being written on beaches across the world.
So if you live near the Ocean and if you can write her name Calypso into the sand and take a photo and send it to me and let me know where it was taken I’d be eternally grateful. I ask that you send the photos to Andromedarayne@gmail.com
If you don’t live near an ocean or even if you are so inclined. Could you pass on the word about this post on your blog. I need to try and get all the photos by June 1st. Please, I live in Indiana and it’s way to far from the ocean for me to ever write her name in the sand and I want this for her 2nd Birthday. It would be such a special thing and mean the world to me."

You can see where her name was written in the sand below, it is really unbelievable what people have done for her!
http://2feetonearth1inthestars.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

amanda said...

if only i still lived by the beach, but i do have lots of dirt by me!! do you want that?

Lissa Lane said...

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for posting this blog. Bless you !

Namaste
Melissa