Last night about 10PM I decided to go out and check on Brad who was dinking around the yard measuring things and laying sod down. Before I knew it I was laying sod, getting dirty, carrying loads of rolls to Brad, setting things out, cutting odd edges and getting things done. We were out there until midnight only because we finished all that we could do until he moves a sprinkler head and door to the fence.
Who in the world does that at that time of night?! I kept thinking, at least it is quiet and not too cold or too hot. Plus I had a pocketful of Oreos to keep me going, that helped, except for the time I bent over and they fell out since it was dark I was on my hands and knees feeling for them...yes I felt like and addict trying to find their dropped stash! Not even Oreos could prepare me for how sore I am this morning I don't even know how to describe it, all I need to say is MY BACK ACHES.
Here are some pictures of our updates: Brad is almost finished with the fence, patio is done and sprinklers are in. Sod is mostly down, don't look too hard since I had no idea what I was doing with the sod, and I don't think Brad really even knew either.

AFTER sod and fence

BEFORE Grass and Fence



AFTER patio and Brad put up the fence (it was hailing in this picture)

BEFORE Patio \
Notice our sweet 50% fence on the side of the yard, yup, gotta love the city and it's restrictions and rules. No privacy fences 20ft from their easements, but you can have a fence just 50%. We were very frustrated with the city and many many phone calls and stipulations later, we came out with this. We have about 20 ft of wasted yard behind the fence, but at least I have a place to keep my kids in, and that is all I wanted.
10 comments:
Wow, that looks really good! It will be so fun to have a place to let the kids run around and a nice green lawn to run around on. ;)
Looks like a lot of work! But that will be so nice to have a safe place to let your kids run loose. Make sure you e-mail me about your blog makeover! :)
WOW GREAT JOB!! LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!! I KNOW LANDSCAPING IS SUCH HARD WORK HUH! BUT SOOOO WORTH IT IN THE END!!!!!
hey monica its sadie from work! your backyard looks awesome seriously when i get a house I am calling you over!
You guys did an awesome job. The before and after pics are amazing. So I kept telling Ty over and over to call brad. And finally he says to me "Steph, if Brad has any questions I'm sure Monica has told him that he can call me. I'm not going to call him and be like 'Hey brad, do you have any questions?'" I just laughed to myself. Why do women worry so much and men don't worry enough?
i am way impressed. now trying to do that with my size of a lawn. yours looks so great. good job. oh i got the tires changed. that right leave it to a woman to get things done.
WOW!!!! That looks so FANTASTIC!!! And why would you do it during the day, when you could have had more help, and the sun was up, and you could have found your oreo's!?! That woulda made too much sense.
Has Ethan learned NOT to lick walls any more!?! Hope he's doing better soon!!!
Monica- this looks so good! Brad is amazing to be able to do all of that and so quickly too. We can appreciate the time and effort that goes into things like that because we are in the process of making changes to the house we bought a year ago. It isn't easy and very time consuming. hats of to you:)
NICE work! It looks great, and I'm soooo jealous of your fenced in yard!
GORGEOUS! That looks so good. Brad and you are quite the handyman/woman. I have to come see it soon!
Post a Comment