Thursday, May 13, 2010




When Brad and Gavin were in NC with family, Ethan and I had a blast just the two of us. It was such a special time for me to have him all to myself! We played so hard that I was wiped out at night and could hardly keep my eyes open while reading to him at night. I wanted to remember these moments forever so I had my sister take some pictures of us while we were at the park, just the 2 of us!

It was bitter sweet for me, I loved the special alone time but at the same time realized how much time I have been splitting between my 2 children and noticed how much Ethan loves and desires my time. My heart just doesn't seem big enough, sometimes it feels like it's going to explode with the love that I have for my kids!!

I want him to stop growing, stay little and cute and squishy and cuddly and playful and funny. My sister pointed out how long and skinny his legs were the other day. Where is my little baby?

I am grateful that he still fits tucked under my chin while curled up in my lap when he needs to be loved. I will miss it when I can't hold him anymore... When his grin reaches his eyes showing how proud he is about growing or learning something, I wonder where I am? Why is he so ready to grow and learn while I sit back here watching it happen before I am ready? Ouch. Motherhood hurts...who would have known?

No comments: