Monday, February 11, 2008

good old days...


Okay, so I got this picture by email today. I laughed so hard when I saw it! I just love it, this is vintage old school Monica, I refused to wear a dress, but since I was in girl scouts, I had too. So I decided to wear my sweet tennis shoes with my dress. Of course, my friend angie looks as cute as a button with matching shoes! Then there is me, I actually think my hair was combed! Surprise! I had the best girl scout troop ever! My leader always won awards for being the best leader etc. I am still friends with some of those girls and my parents keep in touch with my leader, Kathy, she was awesome. Plus, my love of girl scout cookies came from these times! I remember I had my mom buy a bunch of boxes with the promise that I would sell them, but of course we always ate them before I could sell them! I remember going to girl scout camp every summer, volunteering places, visiting old people, traveling to the beach, zoo, firestation, a million places with my girl scout troop. Thinking back, those were good times that kept us out of trouble. Too bad girl scouts aren't like that today.

Here is a little rap that I remember my troop 323 made up for one of our badges (keep in mind, we are in third grade)...

Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts, we are cool, we meet on thursdays after school.

Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts, there's nothing bad about it, we are friends and were very proud of it

We can earn a badge or a try-it but we have requirements we just can't buy it

And at each meeting, we sing a song, were such good buddies, we all get along!

5 comments:

amanda said...

humm, i think i need to hear that rap at work, that would be awesome. say what!? i do like those sweet basketball kicks that you have on, they are nice.

Tara said...

That is an awesome picture! Perfect blackmail pic! So today was a nightmare and I should have called you, but I didn't feel like getting out of bed to do it. I'll see you tomorrow at the swim party!

Kim... said...

I was browsing blogs through Bridget's and saw this picture of you and Angie Cram! Goodness...small world!! This is Kim Jaeger...fellow troop 323 alum :) I can't believe you remembered all of that rap...I remembered the first sentence...gosh - those were the days!! Hope you don't mind me commenting - I browsed your blog...your son is adorable!! ...and I saw that you visited Wilmington, NC during Christmas...that's where I've lived for about 5 years now...small world huh?!?!
Anyway - thanks for bringing me back to the good old dsys before kids, bills and "adult life"! I miss it!!
Hope you are doing well

Oh..P.S. We weren't ALL that nice of girls :
Out of my tent flap looking in the night I can see the boyscouts having a fight
Silently flows the pillows through the air and the feathers flying everywhere
Boyscouts I would like to fight with you
I would like to beat you black and blue
Boyscouts have you ever been told
You are fighting girlscouts brave and bold..

Good times :)

tiff snedaker said...

LOL - NIIIICE picture! Love the rap :)

Misti said...

Monica,
You were even beautiful when you younger! I miss you. How is the family? Misti