I know that it is good to always be learning in life, always educating yourself and becoming better every day. Brad is very good at this, he loves to wind down watching the discovery channel, science channel and lets not forget the presidential debate. Me on the other hand, I have to hear something a million times before I can actually apply it, or remember it. Brad is excellent at spewing out ridiculous and irrelevant facts. Me, I remember hearing something about that but can't actually remember what I heard. Although, if I learn it hands on, I do better. I am orienting to a new position, labor & delivery nurse. Who would have thought it was finally here? Three years ago I was supposed to train as a labor nurse, but somehow got lost in the shuffle. Now, I am going crazy trying to learn as much as I can. This is harder than I thought, but it has turned out to be pretty fun. Time flies at work, 12 hrs seem to go like 2 hrs. I always feel behind in charting or something, hardly get to eat when I am hungry, always on my feet for most of the shift, as soon as I get home my head hits the pillow, I am out. Usually I have to wind down, but since orienting to labor, I'm beat! So I am off on a new venue in life, Labor & Delivery Nurse! I hope I can become as good of a nurse as the girls who are orienting me!
Monday, February 25, 2008
orienting
I know that it is good to always be learning in life, always educating yourself and becoming better every day. Brad is very good at this, he loves to wind down watching the discovery channel, science channel and lets not forget the presidential debate. Me on the other hand, I have to hear something a million times before I can actually apply it, or remember it. Brad is excellent at spewing out ridiculous and irrelevant facts. Me, I remember hearing something about that but can't actually remember what I heard. Although, if I learn it hands on, I do better. I am orienting to a new position, labor & delivery nurse. Who would have thought it was finally here? Three years ago I was supposed to train as a labor nurse, but somehow got lost in the shuffle. Now, I am going crazy trying to learn as much as I can. This is harder than I thought, but it has turned out to be pretty fun. Time flies at work, 12 hrs seem to go like 2 hrs. I always feel behind in charting or something, hardly get to eat when I am hungry, always on my feet for most of the shift, as soon as I get home my head hits the pillow, I am out. Usually I have to wind down, but since orienting to labor, I'm beat! So I am off on a new venue in life, Labor & Delivery Nurse! I hope I can become as good of a nurse as the girls who are orienting me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for you! That is awesome. And that is probably the coolest pictures I have ever seen!
Hey I found your blog through Amanda's! I just want to say I think you will be great on L&D. I have worked with you on MBU and see how fun and kind you are to all those around you. I'm sure your labor patients will really appreciate you! It sure has been fun getting to know you!
Post a Comment