Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My day


Remember that book, Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day? Today is looking like I am going to have to go eat some worms.

How it started...
  1. Yesterday I didn't get the housework done that I wanted too.

  2. Last night, Ethan was up every 2 hrs, crying, coughing, moaning, I sat holding him most of it.

  3. Ethan up at 0730AM, me sleep deprived zombie, I already feel sick.

  4. Fed Ethan two bites of breakfast, everything else thrown on the floor

  5. Found Roxy snuggled up in freshly laundered and folded rags for the cafe, have to re-wash them because of her.

  6. Ethan whining all morning, his nose is dripping green snot to his lips, coughing fits.

  7. Have to go pay bills at the cafe, don't want to even attempt to get ready for the day to go.

  8. Force myself to take a cold shower, where the hot water is I have no idea, all while Ethan is at the tub trying to climb in as I keep pushing him out.

  9. Blow Ethan's nose and flush tp down toilet, toilet starts overflow, run to get the plunger, plunge toilet, all while Ethan is holding on to the plunger with me bc he wants to do it. I can just imagine him later walking around the house with the newly found toy of his whacking things with it!

  10. So toilet is partially plunged, left it for Brad to fix.

  11. Throw the rags in the laundry, run out the door looking at all the junk I need to clean when I get back.

  12. While driving, notice my car veering and a thump, thump, thump....sweet flat tire again.

  13. Still, I drive to the cafe with my sweet flat, I am sure everyone around me is like, "that girl is driving around with a flat".

  14. Get to the cafe, attempt to get Ethan out, slip on the ice, bang my shin and elbow on my car.

  15. Finally, get inside, pay bills while Ethan is whining and screaming that I put him in a booster seat.

  16. Whining so bad that the employees come and try to distract him.

  17. Get him out as soon as possible, go home, don't stop for any other errands...another day.

  18. Come home to messy house, do not feel like cleaning.

  19. Thought about calling the merry maids, wonder how much it would cost, how much they can get done in an hour, think to myself, it would make no sense. I would totally clean before they came because I would be embarrassed to have them clean up after my family. After all its only 3 of us, but sometimes I feel like I am cleaning up after a family of 8!

  20. Hunt for teddy so I can get Ethan in bed for a nap, 15 minutes later find teddy under the table in the kitchen, put Ethan in bed, hooray, he goes down nicely. Good boy.

  21. Close Ethan's door and dread doing housework, so I blog.

  22. Hhhuummph. It's only 11:00AM!




3 comments:

amanda said...

man, somedays go so good and others i try to forget. totally understand. good luck. got to work tonight so i should be taking a rest while the kids sleep, but i'm blogging. oh well.

Misti said...

That is so AWESOME and entertaining! You crack me up. What a day

tiff snedaker said...

Wow.....what a DAY! I'm exhuasted just reading about it. Sorry Ethan isn't feeling good and it's hard when you don't get any sleep either!