Thursday, February 21, 2008

tagged

Six quirky things about myself...
1. My absolute favorite foods (these are foods I will eating at any time of the day) include; I love pizza rolls, McDonald french fries, peanut butter M&Ms, chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream, Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza (pretty much the only delivery kind I'll eat willingly), ding-dongs, moon-pies, peppered buffalo jerky (a delicacy I can only get when we visit west yellowstone), corn nuts, sunbelt fruit snacks, corn dogs, tart lemonade, white cheddar popcorn. Very healthy.

2. There are not many foods that I hate, I am always willing to try anything once. I have tried an assortment of foods ranging from chicken hearts in brazil, sardines, and maggots (accidentally eaten while eating a infested candy bar). I cannot think of anything that I absolultely will not eat, but I do hate miracle whip and maggots. I have a hard time stomaching tofu, but am not ruling it out of my diet. I don't every crave Mexican food, I have never had a dish that I loved, never had fantastic Mexican, but I have heard it is out there! As long as it is pretty normal, I eat it. Maggots or any type of bug, never again unless I'm being paid.

3. I am blind as a bat and deaf in my right ear. Have had both of my kneecaps re-located which included major surgery. Dislocated my kneecaps many times, hence the surgery. Many kidney stones and one lithotripsy to break up a stone that was stuck and too big to pass. Glomerulonephritis (a horrid kidney infection). Braces, oh yes the sweet head gear. Mono and strep throat. Birthed a child. Never broken a bone. I feel that is a pretty sweet health history.

4. I love the thought of escaping reality and going on vacation. My husband knows this and is very good at letting me get away or taking me away. Even if it is to stay in a hotel two hours away from here or to travel the world. I feel everyone needs time for themselves, to pamper, relax and have fun. Love to travel!

5. I am from Edmonds, Washington. Pretty much grew up in the city. But dream of owning land, a big ranch house, with wide open spaces and a pretty view. I dream of letting my kids roam the land, building things, playing outside, helping with the farm animals, having horses. I guess that is part of me escaping what a cruel world we have. I want my own sanctuary. A place that my children can stay, grow and develop without the media and all those gaming systems and TV. Oh, and this house will have my own reading/photography/painting/sewing room all to myself!Oh, its good to dream, right?

6. I am not a very good friend. I am horrible at keeping in touch with people that move away. Even with people that live close. But this doesn't mean that I don't think about you. I am always thinking that I need to call this person, or I need to get together with this person, or I wonder how they are doing. That is why I love blogs. Which I am only okay at doing. I try.

I tag Tara, Steph, Misti, Amanda! Just blog 6 quirky things about yourself!

3 comments:

Misti said...

Your so awesome!

amanda said...

girl!!! you tagged me! ok! I'll work on some things about me! thanks

Juliana said...

I loved this post...I had forgotten how much we have in common. I definitely remember the day I popped your knee out in middle school...(not a great day).