Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby update...

Gavin posing for the camera
Gavin pushing pooh out, just so you know, he is naked and sitting on my mothers lap!
Such a sweet baby, how can you be mad at him for pooping all over grandma!
My dad and Gavin
Adorable Morgan and Gavin
Peek a boo
My parents and Gavin
Pretty much the only contact Ethan has made to his brother, lets hope he doesn't keep this up!

Life has flown by, I cannot believe how fast Gavin is growing and that it is already Friday. My mother was here for the past 2 weeks helping out, wearing Ethan out and caring for Gavin while I healed. I luckily had the stent removed while she was here and am happy to announce that I have been pain free these past couple of days. Hallelujah! Gavin is growing like a weed, he is hungry about every 2-3 hrs, even through the night...ya... But I am glad that my mother in law is here so she brings him to me, I nurse, hand him back and pass out while she changes, burps and puts him back to sleep. So nice!
Gavin is such a strong baby. He is already trying to roll over, we find him pushing himself up to the top of the bassinet crushing his head against the wall because he is such a mover. He is holding his head up very well and loves his little hands around his face. No matter how I wrap him or move his hands they find their way to his face, he actually sleeps on them when you hold him. He is such a sweet baby, only crying when he needs to burp, a change or hungry. He laughs or smiles after his feedings, it is so funny and sweet especially at 3AM when I am delirious I have this little infant cuddled in my neck and then I hear and feel this laugh/cooing from him. Talk about heart breaker!
At the moment she has Ethan on the potty reading books trying to go pooh, doing my laundry and caring for Gavin as well as tidying the house. I am wondering if she expects me to do that when she is gone because I think only wonder women can do that. She has been very helpful!

5 comments:

Amber said...

How funny that Ethan is still avoiding his little brother...soon it will probably flip to the opposite and you won't be able to peel him off of Gavin!

So glad to hear you're finally pain free and you've had good helpers around.

Shelley said...

He looks so much like Ethan! I love the peek-a-boo picture...too cute!

Melissa Durtschi said...

I'm so thrilled that you have your stent out...YEAH!!!!!
This whole thing of bodily functions could get really out of hand, Ethan will pee on Gavin, and Gavin will poop on Ethan, sure its just Grandma for now....this could get bad :)
Quick and continued healing to you!!!

Tara said...

How cute! Good luck with the potty training-I finally gave up and Morgan did it all on her own. She has only had ONE accident since we went to your house eleven days ago! YAY!! She wears big girl "unnerwear" and everything! She has even been dry at night and during naps! Happy Days!

Stephanie Ewell said...

Moni- he is such a little stud!! I bet Ethan loves being the big bro! Gavin looks like u too! I totally see it:)