Ethan loving that it is HIS day, would actually look and smile at the camera
Checking out Pablo, saying "PABLO, PABLO CAKE"
the Pablo cake I made
Ethan LOVING his cake and loving blowing out the candles even more...i think we did it 3 times for him!
smiling for the camera saying "my birday"
His power tools he got for his birthday, he loved them
All of his tools he got, loved the belt!We decided to throw a little party for Ethan since he was turning two and I didn't want Gavin's birth to overshadow his b-day! We'll have to plan them together now, but Ethan did get his own special day. I made the cake for him, not thinking it was going to be too hard since I have seen brad do it many times. (Yes, amongst all of Brads other talents, cake decorating is one of them)! So I went to work, made a ball shape cake for the head, formed the beak, shoulders and hat with rice crispys and then piped away. It was a nightmare, everything you could imagine went wrong but I guess in the end it worked out and it was eaten few! Good thing my Mother was there encouraging me the entire time, otherwise I would have chucked the thing against the wall and bought cupcakes from Albertsons! Ethan loves his gifts, which is a great distraction! He walks around fixing everything with his power drill that actually spins and has a led light on it. He is so cute! We love you Ethan!
10 comments:
Way to go on the cake, I am very impressed! Sorry we couldn't come, I had to work that night...the most miserable night of work I've had in a while. Anyway, hope you're doing well. Hopefully I'll get to talk to you soon.
Wow, Ethan's cake looks amazing! That's great that he had such a special day.
How are you feeling, anyway?
Amazing cake- love it!! You are so talented:)
That turned out awesome! You should forget being a nurse and just make cakes for a living! Hope Gavin is sleeping better for you and eating better. Hope to see you Thursday!
That cake is amazing!! I thought it was bought from a professional store!! And then I thought, where can I get one! Great job, glad the party went well.
You're adorable......and gosh, so is your baby! How fun to have him here. And that Ethan and his power tools....what a guy!
Your cake looks great. I know exactly how you felt making it, I've taken on the challenge of making cakes for birthdays. I did an ice cream cake for Cora, while making it I thought for sure it would be a disaster, but somehow it turned out. Maybe by the time they are turning 10 making a cake will become easy.
your so cool like that. that cake is sweet. happy day to him.
Hey Monica-I got this link from Garianne and wanted to share my blog address with you-congratualations by the way on your 2nd baby-he is so cute. Here is my blog address. danandkendra.blogspot.com
Kendra
You made that cake!?! YOU SO RULE!!! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you. I'm a looser, I always go for just cupcakes.....
Hope you are feeling good!!!
Post a Comment