Friday, October 31, 2008

happy halloween


In carving order; Ethan, Brad and Monica's pumpkin!
Funny thing this pumpkin carving night we had. Pretty hilarious, first of all, Ethan hated the guts of the pumpkin and refused to touch it. Then he was so excited and Brad and I both were too busy with our own pumpkins that we didn't see/hear our son when he wanted to go potty...so he peed his pants. Totally our fault. Then after digging through the guts to gather all the seeds, I had a huge bowl full to cook, Ethan decided he liked playing with the seeds. In one swift motion they were ALL over the kitchen floor. So the kitchen was a disaster, Ethan was a disaster and Brad and I were blaming each other, sweetness. While cleaning up, Brad asked me to throw him a rag, so I threw him a rag, and somehow our really heavy kitchen stools fell over right on his big toe (I guess my throw wasn't that great). Brad went running out of the room holding his breath and then back in when he realized he was bleeding everywhere. I just sat there because I only heard the stool fall and then rustling out of the room, and then I realized that Brad was hurt. Which was really funny to me since he never really gets hurt enough to make a scene...he was on the kitchen floor panting through clenched teeth and holding his foot. I was afraid to do anything since he looked he was going to blow, so I quietly bring him ice, and clean up his blood. After a few moments to himself, Brad asked me if I was proud of him. I said, Why? He said, Because I didn't even swear, anyone else would have cussed by now! Hilarious, Brad, I am glad you can bring humour in any situation. Plus he got out of cleaning the kitchen and got to sit in front of the TV with his leg propped and medicated (he is going to lose his toe nail, yuck!) all while I took care of my two little kids, well, three that night. I am sure Brad's pumpkin was foreshadowing how he would be feeling later that night!

3 comments:

amanda said...

ok, what a fun night you guys had. poor brad and his toe! I'm sure you won't hear the end of this one. good luck. love the pumpkins

Tara said...

That's hilarious! My Halloween was fun, buy not that fun. Poor picked on Brad. I am impressed that he didn't swear, though!

Natalie Shaw said...

scared of the dark? happy halloween!!!! ha ha