Monday, October 27, 2008

Ethan and his undies

Pretty much an everyday experience, where the plastic pants are...I have no idea, he takes them off and hides them!
And of course, the pants and undies are completely off. You should see the fight I go through to get him to wear anything on the bottom now!
Ethan doing his thing on his potty.

Potty training still a work in progress, I think his pants are off more than they are on! But, he stays dry during the night and through naps and even long car rides! We ventured out to Yellowstone National Park and he didn't pee his pants, or even pee. Brad tried to teach him to pee outside since there weren't a lot of pottys around, Ethan just thought his dad was crazy! We finally found a decent bathroom, and I ended up holding him horizontally over the toilet because he refused to sit on it saying it was too loud while covering his ears (it flushed automatically). I was also worrying about how many treats the kid was getting since he can go pee about 20 times a day, that's a lot of candy! So I changed it to a different reward that was appealing to Ethan, blowing out candles. When he uses the potty I light a candle and he gets to blow it out, he loves it! Crazy what kids will do for the things they love...is that called bribing? But life is good and I can't remember what it was like to change one of his diapers, its been about 2 weeks of diaper freedom!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I LOVE the candle idea...my kids would totally go for that! Parker goes a little bit 10 times a day and am sick of how much candy he is eating! Plus Carson thinks he needs a candy every time he goes too.

Juliana said...

You are too lucky. I am glad he's on the potty.

Steph said...

Seriously..two weeks of diaper freedom!! Wow, I wonder what that would be like. Anyway, thank you so much for letting Kaden and I borrow Ethan's boots. It completed his costume perfectly.

amanda said...

you make me laugh ethan! what a fun guy you have. that is so great he wants to go potty cause that is half the battle.