Wednesday, November 07, 2007

End of season!




A visit to Yellowstone National Park on the last day until next season! Brandon and Natalie took the drive with us, entertaining Ethan in the back, while Brad and I were in front. We thought we should take advantage of the National park that is so close to us. So on Sunday we packed up the car and off we went. We saw old faithful blow, but looked like he had better days. Geysers that really smell. I don't think anyone could ever get used to the smell. Buffalo everywhere, walking in the streets, blocking traffic, munching by the side of the road with their yearlings. The elk were a little less comfortable with us watching them...could it be from hunting season?

Buffalo soldiers




A shot from my window, just a little closer and I could touch him!


The smelly hot pot, pretty though


elk

Ethan, are you in there?

Daddy and Ethan

Family shot on front of the hot pots

old faithful


Nat and brandon


We also went to Mesa Falls, also near to us, and very close to end of season as well. Almost too cold to bring a baby to.

Mesa Falls

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I love every shot of Ethan...he is so funny I just love his face....I laughed at the family photo because you could see his big eyes...at that was it...LOL. The place looks amazing...Man I wish we were on the west side...Any chance you will be in WA in December????

tiff snedaker said...

How cool that you got to take a trip to Yellowstone at the very end of the season. Looks fun! I love the picture of Ethan in Brad's vest. He has this look on his face like, "C'mon mom, take the picture and let's get back in the car." Not to mention his red little nose. LOL.