Ethan has become attached to a stuffed animal bear. It was once very cute, soft, cuddly and smelled normal. Now it is horrid, so bad that I don't let him take it out of the house. No matter how much I wash it, it still smells, due to Ethan drooling on it for 12 months straight, sleeping with every night, sucking on the arm and his thumb at the same time and dragging it around the house. Kind of like...stale throw up?You might say, just throw it away. I can't, it is like magic. If you give Ethan his bear, he immediately sucks his thumb and will go to sleep. Immediately. The bear is like a thumb magnet, sometimes the thumb makes it to the mouth with just a glance at the bear coming toward him. Ethan only sucks his thumb if he has the bear, I have never seen him do it without his bear. So, for the sake of easy bedtimes, easy nap times, and easily calmed child, I keep the horrid bear. Embarrassment comes every time I have to explain the bear to Ethan's baby sitter or someone seeing the bear for the first time, I know they think I am crazy... until nap time comes. I have never heard so many "You were so right about the bear." Enough said... on to the bear.
Pictures obviously don't do the stinky bear justice. I hope you can see how nasty it really is!
Nice Teddy BEFORE

TEDDY AFTER

I'm sure Teddy had no idea what he was getting in to.
3 comments:
Don't be ashamed mook. Parker has his too and its a blanket. I finally washed it the other day because I couldn't take it anymore and YOU ARE SO RIGHT, even if you wash them they still smell the same.
G
Ok, thank you so much for posting the bear picture.The before and after pictures give a way better picture of what he looks like. It's like has turned into a tiny bean pole from what it use to look like. Anyway, love the story and cute picture of "stinky bear"
yeah, it sure doesn't look as cute as it did before. I'm glad you posted pictures, I was trying to picture the bear when you were explaining it at work. The smell probably is not too fun, but hey, whatever works to comfort him, right?
Post a Comment