
You can really tell how time sneaks by you when you have a child. I feel like I am living life again through Ethan. I love to watch his face light up when I show him new things, watch him play in the bath or explore the world around him. He is at the age that everything intrigues him and he has to touch everything, especially if I am touching it.
I remember life's little pleasures when I am with him. His love for the simplest things, when he is upset, I put him in the tub, he is instantly happy. He could sit for hours on our front porch watching the cars go by going, "ohhhhh, woooow". He loves to play with his dad, especially being tossed onto the couch laughing in delight, and crawls back to dad begging for more.
Today I put him in the leaves in our yard, he wouldn't even look up from the grass for me to take a picture. I had to coax him to look up by holding leaves in my hand. He got so excited, his breathing became panting and he was off in the yard, as fast as his little body would take him. He would stop, try to eat leaves, mess them up, throw them around, and he was off to another spot in the yard. Funny how leaves just changed his perspective of our yard, he was excited all over again like it was someplace new. But really, it was his yard that he as seen a million times and has never been that excited. Just leaves, and he's happy. I wish life was that easy!




1 comment:
I love the last photo...he is so funny.
Post a Comment