
This past week I:
Assisted with the process of the miracle of life
Taught a brand new mother how to feed her infant child
Was renewed with a sense of hope and fulfillment by the spirit
Sat still enough to watch a 17mo old child grow and develop minute by minute
Cooked for a hungry father and son wolf pack
Danced the tango
Was woken by a small child in need, was able to comfort and give love
Was fed by a gourmet chef
Allowed a cooped up child run free
Partook in a un-awoken slumber
Experienced the warmth of the sun on my face and the sheen of it in a child's hair
Giggled with little child
Kissed my true love
Was entertained by colorful dances and songs like a queen
Was escorted wherever I wanted to go and also had a bodyguard
Gave words of encouragement to a friend
Received insight from another
Encouraged healthy habits to a child, prevented one more child to have rotten teeth
Witnessed a child's prayer
Was able to indulge in a fantastic novel and eat gourmet chocolates to the late hours of night
Listened to a jewish woman tell her story of trying to survive in Germany during the most horrid of times.
Fell asleep with happy dreams and a sweet melody stuck in my head
Woke up to my dramatic life, if it were only really this way.
I guess I could just walk around and pretend my life was this amazing, that because of ME everything else falls into place. That I was so important at work, or feeding my husband and son, or was really entertained like a queen by watching Seasame Street with Ethan, or my favorite falling asleep to the most annoying ABC song from one of Ethans toys and waking up to it in your head as well. I've always been told, Life is how you look at it. Whatever that means. Well, the above is what that means to me. I noticed myself doing this more often when people would ask what I did today, instead of saying nothing, or just reading and watching Ethan, I would embellish my adventure of the day. The best is that it is ALL true, just the way the best of me sees it.
4 comments:
You are too amazing!
Wow you write so elloquently (SP?). Is see that happening in my day and it makes me proud to be a mom and who I am when I read this. Thank you for helping me see the BEST in me as well! Thank you!
You really are a good mom-Ethan is a lucky little guy. Thanks for the words of encouragement-it was really needed. Hope all is going well and we'll see you later today!
Awww- that was a sweet post Monica. I heard a saying once that said, "Life is 1% of what happens to you and 99% of how you react to it." It's hard to be positive when you are home with a child all day and look at your life as exciting and worthwhile. After reading your post it makes me take a step back and evaluate the good things in my life. Thanks.
Post a Comment