
I consider myself a pretty good cook. I like to try new things, and can figure out how to make something appealing to my family. Except for the roast. I don't know what it is, but for the life of me I cannot cook roast! I have attempted to cook a roast more than I can count on two hands, and it always comes out dry. ALWAYS. It is a shriveled up little ball and dry. So frustrating, I'll eat these amazing roasts that just fall apart, and mine is even difficult to stab with a knife. I have changed my recipe a million times, changed the water amounts, changed the times and it is still dry. The only thing that has been consistent is the method of cooking, the crock pot. IT must be the crock pot! I have to try a different crock pot to see if it is really me or the crock pot! Even Brad is frustrated, roast was one of his favorite meals. I called him today to ask what I should do, because 2 hours before the roast is supposed to be done, I cut into a dry roast. He was frustrated on the phone and said, we will never cook a roast in that crock pot again! Amen. So tonight, dry roast yet again...but for the last time I hope!
5 comments:
Monica!! Yes...it is the crock pot. I had your same dilemma...dry roast. I tried a million different things too. I finally got a new crock pot for Christmas and since then...nice, moist, fall apart roast. The only thing different - the crock pot. So don't feel bad and invest in a new crock pot!!
I agree!!
yeah, probably your crockpot. Another thing is not to lift the lid of the crock pot until you are ready to eat it. Lets the moisture out....hope you get a new one so you don't have to have dry roast!
Monica, I am cooking a roast in the crock pot today too! Last time I made it it turned out pretty good- heres my method: Lipton Onion Soup packets, use the recipe on the back for crock pot roast...I know - gourmet-hahaha!! SO, I buy beef chuck roast-usually around 3 lbs. On high for 4-6hours. I have bad luck in the oven-so I have preferred this method! Try that next time, let me know if that works...I think the best trick in the recipe is when you brown the roast in a tbsp on oil prior to putting it in the crock pot- that supposedly seals the moisture in the meat ??? good luck girlfriend!
is that your crock pot?! cause i don't even own one and if i ever buy one i don't want to get one like yours. so let me know what kind you have.
Post a Comment