Thursday, March 13, 2008

Silly Ethan

"WHO ME"?
Today I had an eye appointment for a routine eye exam, I am in desperate need of contacts. While I was running around the house getting things ready, I threw some snacks in my purse for Ethan. During this time he comes running into the room saying "Uh-oh" and back out to his little spot where he dumped his goldfish on the ground and is smashing them into the carpet with his boots smiling! Quick vacuum job and not even thinking to call a babysitter while I go to my appointment. So I show up with Ethan trucking behind me whining because he wants to play in the snow (Yes it snowed today and is still snowing). As I walk in the secretary looks at me and then looks behind me to see if someone else, maybe a husband to watch Ethan? Nope, just me. I asked her if it was okay if he came with me, she said it was "fine". Hee hee. As usual Ethan decided to explore the place, luckily he couldn't reach any of the eye glasses on display, but you know he wanted too. He said, WOW, LOOK, and all his other jibber jabber. Might I remind you that it was dead silent in this place and now Ethan is talking up a storm while the secretary is on the phone glancing over at him every once in a while, one time Ethan even caught her looking at him and he said, "HI" I laughed so hard, good boy Ethan. After that, she melted a bit, but not much! During the appointment he touched everything the Doc. touched and even didn't like me looking into the machines so he would try to pull my face away saying "NO". Its okay Ethan, it doesn't hurt. I thought it was cute, Mr. Protective! He was pretty good, although he ate snacks the entire time, I just kept handing him treat after treat and he loved it. He would say "Peeese" for please and stick his hand out for more, I just kept on giving them as long as he was quiet, and he was! The Doc. was funny, he was like ,Well wasn't he well behaved. SURE, he touched everything he could and is full of sugar and snacks during lunch time! We ate taco time for lunch, I brought it home and offered some of my huge burrito to Ethan, he shook his head because for sure he wasn't hungry! I put it down to get the phone and he comes into the room with the huge burrito upside down dropping its contents everywhere saying "Mmmm". Silly Ethan!

2 comments:

Tara said...

We have got to get on this babysitting thing. Even though I love reading about silly Ethan, I would have loved to watch him just as much! I totally know how that goes. You just shove a snack into their mouth the second they open their mouth to say something! Ha ha, too funny!

amanda said...

love the story. ethan makes for good story telling. hey when do you work next? if you work this weekend bring something on sunday, we are have mexican night.