

This past weekend we went to Jackson Hole to play. We went on a sleigh ride to visit the Elk Refuge, thousands of Elk were out just grazing or sitting lazily on the snow. They are used to the sleighs coming to visit, so it wasn't scary. It was actually pretty cool to see so many, so close. Ethan was fascinated with the horses pulling the sleigh, and then fell asleep on my shoulder on the way back. He may have been a little too young to actually enjoy the Elk, although he did say WOW when he saw them. And you know how Brad is a book of knowledge, he was answering the questions people asked about the Elk. Sometimes he would politely let the guide answer the question, like "Do Elk have eyelids, do they blink", and other times he would lean over and tell me, "I knew that" when the guide would inform us of something. Yes Brad, I know that you do! It was funny! I really think he could have been some rancher, or outdoorsy person with ease. He knows everything about Field biology. I have my own tour guide when we go hiking or driving somewhere. Its funny the things I pick up from him.
4 comments:
Hey! Tara told me about your blog. Way to go! I loved reading about all of your adventures. Ethan is hilarious! Hopefully I'll work with you soon!
You guys are always finding fun things to do. The Elk Refuge looks really cool!
Wow. That looks like so much fun! My daughter would love doing that too! I'll have to get over there some time!
that looks like fun, but i probably would get too cold out there.
Post a Comment