Monday, April 20, 2009

Ethan's on a roll!

Ethan loving any type of weather as long as he can be outside! He was shivering in this picture.
This picture is funny to me because this is the face he makes when he is focusing on pushing out #2!
Did you know that Ethan has been going to the potty ALL BY HIMSELF, pooh included! The other day he went missing, Brad said he was out on the deck and I went out there to find him and couldn't. So I yelled at Brad to help me because I thought he had escaped from the deck and was running wild in our neighborhood. Brad and I were running around the house frantic looking for Ethan because he wasn't inside the house! Well, we didn't check the bathroom!!! I go in the bathroom as a last ditch effort to find the stowaway, and what do you know he is butt naked on the potty singing to himself! He looks at me with an annoyed expression and says "I'm going poop!" Then he points to his pants and said "my pants stay dry, only poopy in the potty, no accidents now mama" and his pants were in fact dry as a bone!
Good job Ethan, I am so happy I don't have to remind you every five seconds and I love that you indeed hear everything I say, but obviously use it in your own time...so he does know what it means to keep his pants dry, only poop on the potty and knows what an accident is! You know what else is impressive, he put all those things in one sentence! Little stinker, because sometimes when he does have an accident he looks at me like, "What just happened?" whatever, I KNOW he knows what is up NOW, not to mention that he changes himself and puts new underwear on so I have no idea if he does have an accident unless I notice different undies! It has been awesome just letting him be and do his thing. Finally!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Yay Ethan! I'm so glad you got the hang of the potty thing. Woo hoo!

ashley said...

Atta boy!!!! I wish Elli would train herself. I'm not sure I want to deal with all of the crap!! But look, now you're done. Hooray!!