HANDY BRAD
Okay, so I wanted to have the title to this post rhyme (yes I know it doesn't really rhyme), but for your future reference I wouldn't call brad BRADLY, he hates it....and it is not his name. Just Brad.I have to tell you how handy Brad is, Saturday we put up the posts for the fence. We I say, I held the post and made sure they were even while Brad did everything else. Oh, I did ask one of his friends to help him with the post hole digger that had this humongous drill bit the size of Ethan, which Brad wanted me to help him and I kindly opted out (that thing scared me). I suggested Brad to ask for help, which he refused, but I wasn't touching that thing so I asked his friend for him, I would say that is helping a lot! Especially since I almost talked myself into helping Brad with that scary monster of a drill, but as I watched him and his friend and their faces straining to hold it in one place as it tore up the earth below, I was grateful I didn't force myself to help him, I would have been crying the whole time! (Thanks Matt, you saved my life).
Yesterday we got home from Lowes at 730PM and he was out there drilling away on the slabs to create a fence. What is impressive about this is he is using a concrete screw gun. Have you ever held one of those? It probably weighs 20lbs itself or more (well, that is what it feels like to me), and to hold that with one hand while you are holding the board with the other while trying to screw is hard work. Trust me, I tried it once to give Brad's hand a break, and it was a joke! He got a lot done and was out there until he couldn't see anymore, I felt bad he was out there alone so I threw on a sweatshirt and tried to help him. Really, I think I just got in the way, but hey we had a good conversation about fences!
Remember the previous post about all of the things Brad wants done, well you can check off 1) sprinklers 2) sanding and painting the deck 3) garden bed is ready to plant 4) fence and landscaping the yard are in the making. My list I have barely touched... I have no idea how he does it.
Pictures of progress to come!
2 comments:
That's so nice to have a handy man around! I can't wait to see pictures of your finished product!
He IS a handy Brad! And that's really cool that he makes up his mind and then just gets in and does it. We've been dinking around with getting the front room painted for... over 2 years now, and it looks like it might, maybe, possibly happen sometime in May. And I have decided that putting in sprinklers is a valuable investment. I'll do it myself if I have to!
Post a Comment