7 months old
This picture does give him a nice shade of orange...blame it on the solids he is eating (carrots, squash, etc.)At about 4 months Gavin became very irritable, refusing to take naps and go to bed peacefully. It was a struggle to get him to bed or take naps. I would have to nurse him until he fell asleep and try to place him in his crib without waking up, as soon as I would lay him flat he would scream and scream! It was very frustrating especially for Brad. I wondered why my little boy changed so suddenly. At the same time, Gavin started throwing up, I say throwing because it wasn't just a little spit up after feedings. He threw up about half or more of what he ate. He would fuss if he was flat and always wanted to be held.
...
After a lot of research I diagnosed him with reflux. Which in my studies I found that children can get reflux after a few months of age and do not have to have it from birth. They also said that most children whom do have reflux don't show obvious signs, but others like Gavin, do show the spitting up and irritable attitudes. One thing I found interesting was mothers writing in about their experience, most doctors didn't believe them when they explained minor changes in their children, the spitting up and not sleeping. Most of the doctors told them it was normal, one mother of 6 finally had enough and insisted on a chest X-ray that indeed showed signs of reflux. She knew something was wrong, and that is what I felt. I finally took Gavin into the Dr. and he gave us reglan and zantac. Reglan is a gastric emptying drug, which I was nervous about giving him since I didn't want to be feeding him all the time, so we held off on that. I did give him zantac, which helps calm the stomach acid, which is what I think was causing him a lot of pain.
...
Now I am happy to report that it was only after a few days of taking it, he finally slept! He is now eating better, and sleeping through the night. Is a lot happier and content when I lay or sit him on the ground, in his crib and will go to bed without being nursed to bed. I found that studies show that most gases of reflux or gerd children grow out of by the age of 1! Yeah! Let's hope that is Gavin!
7 months
sitting, rolling, army crawling, attacks everything he can get his chubby hands on with vengeance, eating fruits, veggies and soft finger foods, nurses and bottle feeds, wears size 9mo +, handles Ethan like a champ, puts everything in his mouth, still has only 2 teeth, a master of smiles and giggles, is put down while awake in his crib and goes to sleep without a fuss, has no hair, much loved.
2 comments:
Poor Gavin. I hope he continues to do well now he is on medicine!
Yeah for modern meds!!! What in the world would we do if we didn't have such great stuff to help us thru life!?!?!
Post a Comment