Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ethan's breakthrough


Hurray! Ethan will now tell us that he needs to either "poopy" "peep" or go "potty". I think it is funny how he can differentiate between the two, he also tells us that he is not done yet and that "more coming". He is doing so well with potty training, he hasn't worn diapers since October 14th! Now its just up to us, his parents, to pay attention to his signals. The other day Brad was watching something on TV and Ethan was standing in front of him saying "peep on the potty", Brad still not listening. I had to tell Brad that Ethan is saying he needs to go potty. So potty training really is training the parents just as much as training the kids. Now its the next step to making him do it on his own instead of us helping him...

Today I felt helpless as Ethan sat on the toilet crying. He just sat there telling me that it hurt saying "ouchy, help me, ouchy help me". I did not know what to do! I just encouraged him to push and patted his back, he told me to sit down. I don't think he wanted to be touched doing his business! Imagine what he must be going through, and I could not help him out with this one. I feared that he wasn't going to want to potty ever again! Finally he was able to go and then he looked up and said, "bad poopy", I said, "big poopy?" he said, "no bad poopy". I couldn't help from laughing, my child was looking at me with tear streaked face telling me that his pooh was bad for hurting him. Oh I love children.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Naughty poop! I'm so jealous- someday Wyatt will potty-train too. In the meantime, I have changed 8 poopy diapers in the last 24 hours. *sigh*

Juliana said...

OH...I am so happy about this. I can only imagine how great this is for you guys. That must have been a "bad poopy!"

Amber said...

That was my thought for the first two weeks after having Logan. BAD POOPY!

amanda said...

those poops, tell him next time you won the battle son, but there will be more to be won. that is what eric says when he gets out. which i'm sure he is going to be happy to see this on a blog.