Not wanting to show off his ouchy
what is left of his biteShowing off his bandaid
Ethan fell from a chair and hit his chin against another chair. He didn't freak out too bad, he stopped crying when he saw the blood, he wasn't quite sure what it was. Turned out that he bit completely through his bottom lip. Luckily he has little teeth, so he only had a little laceration. We had to go to the ER since the Dr. office was closed (it always happens this way doesn't it)! We decided to try the surgical glue because it is supposed help with scarring and be less irritating. The catch- keep it dry and don't peel off the glue for 5 days. Yeah right, tell that to a 2 yr old! Still, we tried it and for the most part we kept it on for 3 days covering it with a band aid until Ethan had enough and peeled it off the 3rd night. I think it looks okay, its not open anymore so I don't think it needs stitches. He hated the ER and kept saying Bye bye now, bye bye now, lets go! I had to hold him down while they applied to glue and then Brad had to blow it dry since both the Dr. and the Nurse had colds...sweet huh! Anyway, you would think he wouldn't climb on chairs anymore...nope, he is still at it.

3 comments:
I'm glad we haven't had something like that happen yet...(knocking on wood right now).
OH...no, why is he so cute! Poor chin. I think three day is a great accomplishment!
Poor Ethan. Why is it always the mom that has to be the bad guy and hold the kid down for painful things? I'm just waiting for Morgan's first ER visit. I'm sure it will be for a broken arm or leg.
Post a Comment