Tuesday, November 04, 2008

one year older and wiser too

Ethan 2 years
Ethan 1 year old Teddy and Ethan in the beginning
Teddy 1 year oldTeddy 2 years old
Ethan still loving Teddy

Ethan has grown up a lot lately, I think it may just be that I notice it more since the new baby. He talks up a storm, has an attitude and a fight in him that must be from Brad, I never act like that! But in the end, the kid is just so darn cute. He steals my heart everyday, especially since Gavin he is always asking me to hold him. The other night he went potty so he was able to have a lollipops but then had a tantrum so I sent him to his room. Funny thing is, the kid cries but runs into his room! I went in there later to check on him and held him in my lap explaining why we don't act like that. I thought he was being so sweet hugging me back and twirling my hair in his hand. Well, actually, he was twirling his sticky, slobbery lollipop in my hair. Sweet, thanks Ethan!
  • - Ethan loves to memorize songs and nursery rhymes (his favs include Hickory, dickory dock, Hey diddle diddle, twinkle twinkle, punky pumpkin, 12345 I caught a fish alive, ring around the Rosie, and 3 little monkeys swinging in the tree).
  • - He loves to color in "coloring books" or so he says, but if you were to see my walls...
  • - He loves to cook and "help you" by pushing a kitchen stool up to you and reach out to help and usually just make a mess. Although he has gotten very good at the beaters and stirring things.
  • - He calls me "Mama" or yells "Monica" after Brad is for me, he thinks it is pretty funny running around in his high pitched voice "Monica, Monica"
  • - He walks around the house swinging his arms and usually singing a song, once entering a room he'll say "hi" and then "bye" and walk out.
  • - Has taken to potty training really well, hardly any accidents, and likes to tell you that "its coming, its coming" or "that was a BIG poopy" with his eyes wide open as they can be. If asked if he needs to potty he'll say NO, but if you take him he'll go...what am I going to do with the child!
  • - Understands movies and cartoons and usually comments on them and will actually laugh at funny parts. His favorite is the jungle book when the monkeys attack big blue the bear. He laughs and laughs running around pretending to be in that scene.
  • -He has a lot of love to go around. I wish you could experience his facial expressions they are priceless. He makes everyone feel loved, once you leave my house he yells "wait for me, wait for me, wait for me" even if he doesn't know you, but sure makes you feel like you are best friends!
  • Still carries that old teddy around with him and still sleeps with him, still sucks his thumb only when he has teddy. Dear Teddy please don't ever leave, life is so much easier with you, especially bedtime!

3 comments:

Amber said...

"It's coming!" is pretty good, although I don't think anything will every top Janae Bradley's "GET OUT OF ME" story!

Cute Ethan posing with his leg on the fence!

Natalie Shaw said...

monica that picture of ethan with his leg on the fence is the cutest thing i have ever seen! good job.

Tyson and Emily said...

When Ashley goes to the bathroom, she poops "family ones" she likes to have daddy, mommy, and baby ones. Pretty gross, but funny. Ethan is a cutey! If I did it right, we went private, so email me and I'll send you an invite. tysonhayes@gmail.com