- Your new perfume is called fresh baby spit or stale baby spit depending on how long you wear it.
- Riding in the car is fun with a child, stopping is even better because as soon as you stop the baby wails, as soon as you drive the baby is quiet. So just a run inside the store while my husband stays with the kids is actually my husband driving on circles around the parking lot until I come out.
- Anything washable becomes a burp cloth, or a spit up clean up cloth. When I said quick baby spit up on the couch, Brad actually threw me his sock...sad thing, I used it to wipe it up! HA.
- Diapers are randomly stashed around your house, but when you need them they are no where to be found, but you do find a dirty one in the process of looking.
- Your baby gets a bath everyday but you don't.
- You wear your sweet burped up/peed and pooped on shirt that you slept in all night and continue to wear it until someone a) calls and says they are coming to visit b) you have to go somewhere c) you finally get to take a shower d) your husband actually dares to comment on the shirt.
- You pretend not to be annoyed/angry at the mailman for ringing your doorbell NOT once but three times in a row to give you your mail all while the baby was sleeping. Mainly you hate the doorbell, telephone ring and anything else loud while your baby is snoozing.
- Baby acne and cradle cap are not fun and there is nothing cute about it.
- The milk let down, the burn, the crossing your arms in a public place praying that your nursing pads didn't move!
- Yellow poop stains around the bum of all of his clothes...doesn't come out no matter what, so you deal with the stain pretending it was recent and allow your child to at least wear that outfit around the house.
Oh my fav, running out of the house without a diaper bag only to realize it when you don't have it and really need it.

6 comments:
hahaha......so funny and so true. Ooooooh, and the doorbell ringing OR the phone ringing while they're sleeping. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
LOL about the perfume, that is SO true! I agree with your post below too. Little puffpaff boys definitely look like their daddy.
I can't wait!
I think I'm the only one who has this one, but: the baby starts fussing and you investigate only to discover they're crying because there's a dog hair on the pacifier.
You're right about it ALL! I don't think I've got your email to invite you to our blog, so if you don't mind emailing me... tysonhayes@gmail.com
You are good! Any mom would laugh at that list. And to tell you the truth now that I have a 16 month old I did forget about those things.
Post a Comment