Tuesday, November 18, 2008

little Gavin

Sweet little boy
I told Ethan to hold Gavin, this is his pathetic attempt to love his brother. He really is just pushing him with his chest and whining as if I was forcing him to hold a snake or something!

Yes, Ethan is almost drowning Gavin here...this is our first and last photo for the time being.
I am trying to encourage Ethan to interact with Gavin more. He usually just tells me to put the baby back in the crib, or if I am holding Gavin Ethan wants to be held, or draws of his face when I am not looking. So, I've encouraged Ethan to interact with his brother by holding him and taking baths with him etc. He does it reluctanly, but at least he will do it! And last night he gave "Gabin" a kiss goodnight, so sweet. One day they'll like each other, I hope! I am glad Gavin is just a sweet little boy who has put up with so much, I have a feeling he is going to have to put up with a lot more!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Brothers don't like each other much when they're little, but they will like to play together in a while I bet. And when they are older they'll be grateful you gave them the gift of a brother!

Shelley said...

They will soon be the best of friends, especially when Gavin will be able to walk around and play with Ethan. But then trouble comes again when Gavin learns to have a mind of his own too. Carson is still trying to figure out that he is not the boss of Parker!

Melissa Durtschi said...

If they are like my boys, it just depends on the moment. One moment, great friends, the next... worst enemies. I guess that's just the sibling way. Love the pix.
Ready for work!?!

Tara said...

That shocks me. I would not expect this from Ethan at all. He is usually so sweet...