Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Another Day


Today I found Ethan just standing in the kitchen at the sliding glass doors staring outside. I went over to him and said, Yeah I feel the same way, another day of snow...
Usually I would take him out and play in the snow, but not since he developed his cold, it's inside where it's warm for us!
Our night consisted of me rocking Ethan back to sleep about three times in the middle of the night, him whimpering off and on throughout the night, me becoming more restless as I hear Ethan coughing through the monitor, battling his fever through meds, encouraging him to drink to prevent dehydration, lots of singing and rubbing his back, and maybe 2 hours of sleep. Yuck. If I could wish anything, I wish I could take away my son's pain. Even if we had to trade, please, give it to me instead of him! He looks so sad and in pain when he coughs, pulls at his teeth, constant tears and running nose. I would gladly take this away from him!!!!!!

1 comment:

amanda said...

so sorry to hear that ethan isn't feeling well. that makes it hard on the whole family esp. the mom. hope you get some sleep before you work again.