Thursday, January 10, 2008

On the Menu tonight...


TOFU!

Okay, so one of my resolutions this year is to cook more. I never had a problem with cooking, but I got bored with it too easily because I was cooking the same old stuff. Not anymore, now I am venturing out in the endless possibilities of food! During grocery shopping I actually walked up to the items I usually blow by without a second glance. Tofu being one of them. I felt pretty good knowing that I have a great husband who will eat anything I cook without complaint. I felt scared about most of the items that I chose. The already successful new items of the week included; grilled pork tenderloin, herb grilled portabella mushrooms, and four cheese stuffed pasta shells. Brad actually complimented me and said, "this is something I would actually eat again". That is a compliment from Brad's world. He usually hates pasta, but liked the stuffed shells. Yeah! The past two nights were spiced up pizza (this includes a frozen pizza with fresh topping added by Me) because Ethan has been too sick for me to cook.



So tonight is: Tofu with Peanut-Ginger Sauce

I chose this recipe from the millions of tofu recipes for the simple reason that I had all of the ingredients. I'll keep you posted how it goes, wish me luck. Brad and I both had tofu once cooked by someone else, he liked it, I did not!

3 comments:

amanda said...

hey good luck with the tofu! i've had it before and i liked it. i liked it in the since that i ate it and have never boughten it myself before. you are so brave!!!

Juliana said...

Tell us how it goes...

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, you are quite adventurous aren't you? The stuffed shells sound delicious. I have a slow cooker recipe for hot & sour soup that calls for tofu and it is really really good. Let me know if you want it :)
I'm curious to know how your tofu recipe turns out.