Friday, January 25, 2008

Back in town

After a short trip to Washington, Ethan and I are back in town! Seems like time flew by (probably since I didn't get any sleep for 48hrs) then all the family and cousins around partying it up to wee hours of the night (about 3AM) playing Rock Band (which is a BLAST and I am actually okay!), and of course visiting with my best friend Suzanne! The week was spent going to the wedding, cooking for family, eating with relatives, visiting with friends and family, chasing Ethan around, well my family chasing Ethan around and loving it, shopping sprees at real stores, playing Rock Band with everyone, meeting special friends of Suzanne's, doing/assisting Ryan with his homework, watching Ryan play in his basketball game, going to church, going out to lunch, having slumber parties, and letting Ethan sleep in the bed with me.

Funny thing about this, I thought I would be nice and cook some lunch for all the relatives, so I stayed with something I knew how to do. Chicken and rice casserole...I made two huge pans for everyone, cooked them and everyone lined up to eat. As I was eating my portion and feeding Ethan I realized that the rice was CRUNCHY! Ahhhh...everyone was eating crunchy rice and trying to be so nice since I made it. How embarrassing! How could I screw that one up, its like you dump a bunch of stuff in and bake! I did tell everyone that I really can cook, just not today. Of course everyone was so nice and ate it still, well most of it, the stuff that wasn't crunchy! Way to go Monica! I should have done something fancy, I probably would have had more luck!

Anyway, Ethan took a very big liking to my parents. Especially my father, who would do anything Ethan wanted him too. Ethan would hold his hands out and up for my dad to pick him up, then he would put his arm around my Dads shoulders and just "chill". It was very cute, he started calling grandpa "papa". He would go over to where my dad was sitting and climb on his lap, sooo cute. Ethan would play with the toys with my mother, or somehow con her into letting him climb up and down the stairs, up and down the stairs. He hasn't quite figured out how to go belly first. He tries to walk straight down them, like they were flat. He does this because he knows we will catch him, but then other times takes after them with a run before we can catch him, luckily we do right before he goes flying!

Lots of fun. Lots of good stories and memories. It was all too short. Now we are back to reality, visiting friends, and working, working working.

More picture to come!

2 comments:

Tara said...

We sure missed you guys while you were gone! It sounds like Ethan has his "papa" wrapped around his little finger. Of course, who doesn't he have wrapped around his finger? I know he has my heart all wrapped up with a bow!

tiff snedaker said...

Glad you had a good trip! LOL about the casserole. Gotta love that you went to all the effort & the rice was crunchy. At least it was family, right?