Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year

Mr. Ethan at his best, notice he is actually smiling instead of the vacant stare!
Mr. peek a boo and Me
This year has been crazy and fun. I couldn't be grateful for more. My life was full of love, relationships, laughter and blessings. I am sad to see another year fly by me, knowing that it just means that we are getting older. That my little boy is growing up, hmm... I wish I could keep him this way forever! He is just so darn cute. Brad and I have thoroughly enjoyed Ethan as an addition to our little family! I know change is inevitable, it helps us become the person that we are supposed to be. But why does it have to be so hard to let change happen!
Pondering on the year to come, 2008 makes me born 26 years ago, married 5 years, a nurse for 3 years, a homeowner for 3 years, a mother going on 2 years, and a business owner for 2 years. I guess these were my milestones for life from my past, scary to know that I have achieved those goals, is it already time for more? I would say the hardest was the business, the easiest is being a mother, the most challenging and fun is being a working housewife/mother. One day I will be a "stay at home" mother, but for now I am living my dream of being a mother and a nurse and a wife all in one!
This year I hope to laugh more, teach more, vacation more, cook more, and learn more. AND to simply enjoy life NOW!

Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the
year.
Robert Frost
Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Hewards said...

Monica you are SO BEAUTIFUL! It sounds like you are doing well. Have a great new year. G

Juliana said...

Happy New Year, you are a beautiful writer. I couldn't recognize Ethan with the smile...lol

Stephanie Ewell said...

Moni-life does just fly by doesnt it?? What accomplishments you have to reflect back on though-only more memories and milestones to come! You are beautiful and your family is beautiful...Happy 2008 !!

amanda said...

oh monica- here i am starting to read your blog when your music comes on and its IZ!!! The fattest hawaiian singer who died of a heart attack (no surprise!) and has the nicest voice ever. i love this song. i use to listen to it in high school all the time.
anyway, ethan is looking great. its nice to look back on the year and see the good things that have happened-nurse of the year!

tiff snedaker said...

Cute peek a boo picture & nice tribute for 2008. Lots of milestones. You are a great nurse & mom, how fun to be doing what you love :) Hopefully my nurse in a few days here :)