Monday, January 14, 2008

monday

Ethan says, I am feeling much better and haven't stopped running around the house!!
Monday... a whole week ahead of me and I am already exhausted. I found that it helps to plan out the week, so I know partially what is coming. Planning out means; the dinner menu, Ethan's play schedule, my work schedule, Brads work schedule, my hours at the cafe and all other appointments. I have tried it the chaotic way trying to remember mentally all the things to do. It doesn't work for me, just gets me frustrated and going to appointments that I already missed (that is embarrassing), and missing events that I really wanted to go to.


One exciting thing I am doing this week is going home to Seattle. Brad has to work, so it just Ethan and I. Yes, I am a little nervous about the plane ride since the ride to NC Ethan would only sleep on Brad. With me he wanted to play and touch everything and also wanted to bug the people in front and behind us. If only I had the funds for first class!!!


My trip on Friday means that I will be coordinating my meals that can be frozen so Brad can have some home cooked meals while I am gone. Easy freezes- enchiladas, chili, casseroles. I have never done this for him, but since it is part of my resolution I will try it (well, it may also be payment for leaving him for 6 days). If you have any good recipes that freeze well, let me know!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm jealous! Give Annie and Suzanne bigs hug from me too! :)

amanda said...

That will be so fun for you to go see your family. good luck on the plane ride. What helped us when we traveled was to buy new toys (dollar store stuff) and not give them to the kids until we were on the plane. good luck.

Stephanie Ewell said...

Monica- have fun in Seattle!! I used to love seeing moms and cute babies travelling together when I worked at the airport-people were willing to help them left and right-so you should be just fine:) I would LOVE for you to make me a bumper! How fun! So- anyway, be looking for the shower invite in the mail! I hope to see you there if you can come, Garianne is coming too...LOVE YOU MONI!

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, nice that you have everything planned and organized out! I'm assuming K-mart was part of the plan today? LOL - I agree, it's a good hangout :) Good luck with the plane ride, I hope Ethan is a very good boy for you!

Tara said...

Guess what! I remembered all my login info! YAY! Now I can kind of keep updated with all the rest of you.

Juliana said...

Dito to shelley's comment!